Found 5th Nov 2009
Are they worth getting?

Is there a serious risk of being banned on Xbox live? (assuming you don't play them before their release date)

Where can you get them from?

Eca

9 Comments

sorry eca07 - can I also ask in ur thread what are the normal reasons people get banned on xbox live. My son is on it all the time and want to make sure he isnt doing anything wrong. He doesnt play any copies or anything like that.

you get back up games from the games you already have

bossyboots;6790666

sorry eca07 - can I also ask in ur thread what are the normal reasons … sorry eca07 - can I also ask in ur thread what are the normal reasons people get banned on xbox live. My son is on it all the time and want to make sure he isnt doing anything wrong. He doesnt play any copies or anything like that.

If his xbox is not modded then he has nothing to worry about. :thumbsup:

They are not backups if you don't already own them.

I think you are talking about pirating games, which is illegal and hence, should not be talked about on a forum like this.

Babbabooey;6790719

If his xbox is not modded then he has nothing to worry about. :thumbsup:

thanks for that - no its not modded:-D

Banned

back-up games = legal

games 'obtained' via torrent sites and then used on xbl = illegal and deserving of the ban

bossyboots;6790759

thanks for that - no its not modded:-D

If it is not modded then you are fine, the only other reason he may receive a ban is if he breaks any of the Xbox Live rules canr remember what they are of the top of my head I think one is sweaing.

But he will be fine, mainly only modded machines will get banned.

dimebars;6790769

back-up games = legal

wrong

Isn't it still technically illegal to copy a CD to your iPod or make a copy of a CD for your car?

If so, the same probably goes for "legal backups" of your video games. Or maybe they've brought copyright law up to speed with the digital age? Don't really follow such developments...
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Aliexpress - To be trusted?33
    2. BBC4 Vietnam War43
    3. With or without cream?56
    4. Mobile WiFi calling?44

See more discussions