Groups

backwards compatibility of the ps3

Banned
    does anyone know if the ps3 will play all ps1/2 games or if it will only play "selected games" ???

3 Comments

I was under the impression that the Euro models weren't going to have the hardware to ensure 100% compatibility. Instead they were going to use software emulation and post lists like the 360. Not totally up to speed on what that situation is now though.

MBeeching

I was under the impression that the Euro models weren't going to have the … I was under the impression that the Euro models weren't going to have the hardware to ensure 100% compatibility. Instead they were going to use software emulation and post lists like the 360. Not totally up to speed on what that situation is now though.

That's the last I heard...

Basically the same issues as 360, cannot support all of the back catalogue and possibly some issues with graphic output in some cases.

This link ]http//ww…tus will tell you what games (not sure if all games are covered) are backward compatible.

HTH :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764216
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?31138
      3. What do these 2 men have in common1013
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846168

See more discussions