Groups

Bad Back!

Is sleeping on a matress on the floor bad for your back/ could it give you a back ache, I brought a new house 6 months ago and still dont have a bed just the matress on the floor the OH is now complaining of a bad back and is convinced the lack of bed is NOT the cause of his pain, but I think it is. Just looking for advice really?

Thanks in advance

6 Comments

Personally I doubt it. Lying on a harder surface is good for your back. It also depends on the matress, it it's old or too soft then it is likely. I find sleeping/lying on the hard floor or a futon make my back feel better.

I'm aching aswell, back, legs, arms... OWWWWWW

no i wouldn't think so

Possibly. As you're low to the floor you may be getting a draught, that'll do it.

when you suffer from a bad bad back you are meant to lie on floor to ease it

I think it might depend how restful a sleep your OH is getting. If he is tossing and turning and tends to sleep on his side it might be causing a problem....
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30388
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1639
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …77132
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846278

See more discussions