Bad Company 2 - Am i sum wet behind the ears rookie? I have no idea what im doing?

17 replies
Found 18th May 2010
Folks its Tuesday night and after a weekend on the ale i finally get to sit down and unwrap BC2 jumping straight into the multiplayer thinking that its just COD MW2 with vehicles and for the last ten minutes i have just wandered around geting shot like an extra out of the schwarzenegger film commando not knowing what the feck is going on!

Who are the green guys my squads the light blue right? & why cant i hear the in game chat?

Im flying blind and getting hacked off!

Should i have just played campaign to get a feel for it first?

This game isnt massaging my ego right now!

17 Comments

List the game for sale and go back to COD:MW2.

:-D

1st of all Dont sell the game, it is a lot better than MW2 Online and there are tons of people to advocate it.

The Blue is your team, and the greens are your squad. When you get killed you can spawn on any green player or the main spawn point.

This game is not like MW2. Play the Single player to get used to the controls. Crouch in this is equal to knife in MW2 and you cant lay flat.

The game needs proper thinking and tactics and knowing the map .Its a very rich environment and experience that Im sure ull love with time. Feel free to send any questions.

Here is the link for the HUKD battlefield clan.

hotukdeals.com/ite…eal

Rukshan;8639362

1st of all Dont sell the game, it is a lot better than MW2 Online and … 1st of all Dont sell the game, it is a lot better than MW2 Online and there are tons of people to advocate it.

+1

In all seriousness, watch this video in this thread:

hotukdeals.com/ite…e-a

It will help you. Play the campaign and give it a chance, you can't run in like you do on MW2, need to take more time until you know the maps.

I hated it for the first 6 hours, now I'm pretty good.

Pretty standard to hate the beginning. Once you play more and start getting unlocks is much more fun!

Banned

It isn't better than MW. It's good but get's dull quickly imo. I got 'sed of with my team mates always being noobs and running around getting shot or waiting for a helicopter to spawn so they could crash it into a cliff and kill the whole team. Give it a while. A good game, but I still prefer MW2. For MW2 to be good you have to be good and you can lose your skill after a couple of days of not playing it. Where is BC2 you can go weeks without playing and still be good. Think this is why it is more popular for the casual gamer

Original Poster

I have to say having created this thread 3hrs or so hours ago, my first impressions were wrong. Its actually a good game and a welcome change from MW2 which i ultimatley got bored of for a number of reasons. People just abusing each other with mum put downs and racist / homophobic dribble for one.

Once i started playing a simple deathmatch ( 4 squads all out war ) i soon found my feet. I am clinical with a sniper rifle, and have been since the days of the dam level on Goldeneye

Its a shame that you cant lie flat , i am not sure the rational behind that one?

Two things though where is the in game chat? surely you should be able to talk to your squad to increase the use of team work?

And when you start off do they put you with other newbies automaticly as i have to say the standard of competions was very poor in comparision to MW2, within a hour or two i was top dog in my squad and up there with the best of the other squads. ( Not bragging just telling the truth, i appreciate it some of you will think what a winker with that one )

Lastly how do you pick up crates ? Some dude through one to me and all i could do was a moris dance around it with no avail!!!

There was another question but ive completely forgoten it now!

Thanks to you all Special thanks to you Rukshan for your early words of motivation!:thumbsup:

no worries. Are you on PS3? Add - ScorpionRS

Original Poster

i choose to get it for my xbox as oposed to my Ps3,

Can you just explain to me whats the score with the dogs tags? They have the names of other players on , and sum are drenched in blood!

Bargaintastic30;8640547

i choose to get it for my xbox as oposed to my Ps3, :(Can you just … i choose to get it for my xbox as oposed to my Ps3, :(Can you just explain to me whats the score with the dogs tags? They have the names of other players on , and sum are drenched in blood!

When you Knife some one you get there dog tag its pretty to cool to collect a few. BUT Note that in Battlefied the Knife distance is REAL, you cant knife from 5m away like MW2. Only knife from the back or when they are distracted. When you attempt a stab, the potential victim can hear it,so if you miss, they can turn around and shoot you, Ive killed back stabbers many a time coz of it.

Original Poster

sweet thanks again, ive repped you for your help!

No worries, As I said, more than happy to help out if you have any questions..

Bargaintastic30;8640496

Two things though 1. where is the in game chat? surely you should be able … Two things though 1. where is the in game chat? surely you should be able to talk to your squad to increase the use of team work? 2. Lastly how do you pick up crates ? Some dude through one to me and all i could do was a moris dance around it with no avail!!!

1. Game chat is present within your squad and only your squad, so if everyone in your squad of 4 has a mic, you can talk.

2. You don't pick up crates (I'm assuming you're talking about medpacks and ammo), they lie on the ground and you just walk over them to receive the benefits - you should hear a restocking sound

DragonChris;8642281

1. Game chat is present within your squad and only your squad, so if … 1. Game chat is present within your squad and only your squad, so if everyone in your squad of 4 has a mic, you can talk.2. You don't pick up crates (I'm assuming you're talking about medpacks and ammo), they lie on the ground and you just walk over them to receive the benefits - you should hear a restocking sound

was just about to tell him about the "crates" lol

Banned

ryman1000;8640214

For MW2 to be good you have to be good and you can lose your skill after … For MW2 to be good you have to be good and you can lose your skill after a couple of days of not playing it. Where is BC2 you can go weeks without playing and still be good. Think this is why it is more popular for the casual gamer

Its much easier to be good at MW2 you can just run around like a headless chicken and noob tube or commando people or sit back with the sniper rifle and get unrealistic no scope/quick scope one shot kills where the bullet shot is instant and defies the laws of gravity.

BC2 is more about teamwork and tactics and can be very rewarding. Stick with it as you'll soon get better and enjoy it much more. I have had both and got rid of MW2 as I thought BC2 was the better game

Banned

Bargaintastic30;8640496

IIts a shame that you cant lie flat , i am not sure the rational behind … IIts a shame that you cant lie flat , i am not sure the rational behind that one?

Its to stop campers from sitting back as much as the maps are huge. I think its great as campers can ruin a game especially if you are in their squad for rush and you spawn on them and your still a mile away from the objective

Original Poster

If anyone wants to add me to there xbox live my gamertag is,

bRiTiShReDcOaT1

Cheers folks,
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Looking to travel from belfast22
    2. Unisex/Women’s Nintendo Christmas Jumper?11
    3. I posted a deal that has been removed39
    4. Gatwick Airport Parking77