Found 24th Jan 2008
boy I had a bad day at work yesterday worked 12 hours and all I got was wee and *hit over me and mouthey relatives because I stopped about them coming in all at once to see there relative who by the way is in ITU and on a ventalator. While I try and be the Nice caring Nurse People have to understand we are humans as well and we have to respect other patients . And I tryed to explain About infection control and all I got back was * uck off you old ***** I am coming in whether you like it or not. Do you think I am being horrible?? While I relize people are worried we cannot have that sort of behaviour

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
16 Comments

That's an utter disgrace! Nobody should be subjected to that kind of abuse! :x

Isn't there a complaints procedure for you to deal with visitors like that? Can't security do something about it? Unbelievable the way that people think they can treat another human being just because they're wearing a uniform. Of course, they'd be the first to try and sue the hospital if the relative ended up infected with something!

Original Poster

suze;1497659

That's an utter disgrace! Nobody should be subjected to that kind of … That's an utter disgrace! Nobody should be subjected to that kind of abuse! :x

well we do, thats why alot of nurses leave. They get so much *rap from the public and dont get me started on doctors they are a nightmare:x

you have my condolences, doesnt help that you could hire 5 nurses for the cost of one doctor, I know doctors are important, but not that important - dont get me started on consultants.

consultants..........omg ! not going there, overpaid and overrated.

Now where were we ?

Oh yes. anyone that abuses nurses should be banned from all hospitals immediately both as a future visitor and /or patient.
That would stop it.

Original Poster

hottoshop;1497798

consultants..........omg ! not going there, overpaid and overrated.Now … consultants..........omg ! not going there, overpaid and overrated.Now where were we ?Oh yes. anyone that abuses nurses should be banned from all hospitals immediately both as a future visitor and /or patient.That would stop it.

Thankyou for your support for nurses what would people do without us.

Shocking behaviour and totally unacceptable....but, probably happens all day every day in hospitals, it's a very sad world we live in i'm afraid.

No respect for anyone or anything these days !! :x

Banned

kim44;1497817

...all I got was wee and *hit over me...

I got the same, you don't expect it doing office work.

JDeal;1497830

I got the same, you don't expect it doing office work.

He he he :-D

kim44;1497817

Thankyou for your support for nurses what would people do without us.

Do you report things like this? I know a lot of people complain, but not to the right people.

Your superiors may not do much, but it needs to be noted.

When I worked in a hostel, we had to fill out an incident report each time in triplicate, it seemed like a waste of time, but when the bigwigs came down, we were able to justify the need for more staff on shift etc.

sorry to hear that, kim44. nurses do cover a lot for the doctors and are generally unappreciated. someone i know is in nursing and she's had her clients hit her and nothing she can do about it coz of the line of work she does and the clientele. one day a doctor left used needles in the rubbish bin where it shouldn't be, and because the bin was full and cleaners come in later l she tried to push the papers down to make more space and in the process got a needle jab. luckily she didnt get anything from that, could have been worse!

this week is officially a cac week in my books.

I'm sorry too kim44. It sometimes seems that no matter how brilliant a job you do that you're at best unappreciated and at worse abused all the time. Hope that you had a good sleep and when you woke up thought to yourself - well how many minutes of the horrible relative confrontation was it compared to my working hours? Think of all the patients who thank you and look to you for help and support - often against the very same relatives/doctors/management team and all the rest of them. Put your feet up, have a cup of tea, take a deep breath and keep on doing a great job. :friends:

i've been haveing an awful day today but these things happen and we have to try not to bother from things like that

Nurses are great :thumbsup:
I know a nurse who travels to patients homes to help and she had her tyres slashed by the sister of someone she was helping. Thats gratitude.

A big story here in Plymouth is the main hospital does not have enough nurses, now we know why.

Original Poster

chesso;1497976

I'm sorry too kim44. It sometimes seems that no matter how brilliant a … I'm sorry too kim44. It sometimes seems that no matter how brilliant a job you do that you're at best unappreciated and at worse abused all the time. Hope that you had a good sleep and when you woke up thought to yourself - well how many minutes of the horrible relative confrontation was it compared to my working hours? Think of all the patients who thank you and look to you for help and support - often against the very same relatives/doctors/management team and all the rest of them. Put your feet up, have a cup of tea, take a deep breath and keep on doing a great job. :friends:

thanks again well I am off to work tonight so I think I am not in the mood to take any *hit pardon the pun!!! I will just through it back at them!!!!:-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…4176
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247616
    3. Limited quantities of STRAFE® and SHADOW WARRIOR 2 for sale @ Special Reser…46
    4. Smacking children is to be banned in Scotland3275

See more discussions