Groups

Bad Day/Cost

can I share the day i have had and ask if yours is worse

Car broke down £564.23 +vat
    New Combi Boiler £500+
    Fridge broke down £300+
    Mind you at least i save a bit on the VAT!

11 Comments

dont forget the £500 to fit the new combi boiler (unless you're doing it yourself)

Quidco ?

Original Poster

Babbabooey;3671465

dont forget the £500 to fit the new combi boiler (unless you're doing it … dont forget the £500 to fit the new combi boiler (unless you're doing it yourself)

True lucky for me all pipework is ok and i know a lot of people in the trade!:santa:

Unless a meteor comes hurtling through my window I don't think I could be so unlucky. ;-)

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;3671493

dont you just hate it just before Christmas too, Hope you day gets … dont you just hate it just before Christmas too, Hope you day gets better.I had a day like that last week,car MOT £315. + vat.Structural engineer £169 + VATElectrician £130 including VAT the last 2 are cos we are sueing the dipstick builder who built our houseNow just got to find another £35K to pay for the court action

And i thought i had it bad:?

Well I was meant to go out tonight..........
    11:00 - Went to mum's house to check things (Parent's have gone to Singapore for a week)
    11:10 - Turned telly on then heating (once I found out how to switch their boiler on)
    11:20 - Went to the car to get the paper
    11:23 - Front door shut behind me!
    11:25 - Saw some girl getting shopping out of car, begged her to use her phone
    11:30 - Called my sister too see if she had spare set of keys - response No.
    12:00 - After waiting 30 mins in cold, sister picked me up and took me home (lucklily one of my kids was home sick - she let me in)
    13:00 - At home with no money, no keys, no handbag with everything in it!
    14:00 - No phone numbers to call mates telling them I won't be joining them tonight (All stored in mobile phone which is in handbag with everything else!)
    16:00 - After moping around finally accepted weekend is looking bleak. Parent's back on Monday - have to wait unti then to get my life back!

At least thier house will be warm.........!

Original Poster

Amy....xxx;3671630

Well I was meant to go out tonight..........11:00 - Went to mum's house … Well I was meant to go out tonight..........11:00 - Went to mum's house to check things (Parent's have gone to Singapore for a week)11:10 - Turned telly on then heating (once I found out how to switch their boiler on)11:20 - Went to the car to get the paper11:23 - Front door shut behind me!11:25 - Saw some girl getting shopping out of car, begged her to use her phone11:30 - Called my sister too see if she had spare set of keys - response No.12:00 - After waiting 30 mins in cold, sister picked me up and took me home (lucklily one of my kids was home sick - she let me in)13:00 - At home with no money, no keys, no handbag with everything in it!14:00 - No phone numbers to call mates telling them I won't be joining them tonight (All stored in mobile phone which is in handbag with everything else!)16:00 - After moping around finally accepted weekend is looking bleak. Parent's back on Monday - have to wait unti then to get my life back! So far you win for the worst day but i think mine cost more!At least thier house will be warm.........!

Original Poster

vinylandtrinkets;3671571

lol you do. I'll get most of mine back when we win in court ( which we … lol you do. I'll get most of mine back when we win in court ( which we will):thumbsup:I do hope you have a better day though. :thumbsup:

Amy....xxx;3671630

Well I was meant to go out tonight..........11:00 - Went to mum's house … Well I was meant to go out tonight..........11:00 - Went to mum's house to check things (Parent's have gone to Singapore for a week)11:10 - Turned telly on then heating (once I found out how to switch their boiler on)11:20 - Went to the car to get the paper11:23 - Front door shut behind me!11:25 - Saw some girl getting shopping out of car, begged her to use her phone11:30 - Called my sister too see if she had spare set of keys - response No.12:00 - After waiting 30 mins in cold, sister picked me up and took me home (lucklily one of my kids was home sick - she let me in)13:00 - At home with no money, no keys, no handbag with everything in it!14:00 - No phone numbers to call mates telling them I won't be joining them tonight (All stored in mobile phone which is in handbag with everything else!)16:00 - After moping around finally accepted weekend is looking bleak. Parent's back on Monday - have to wait unti then to get my life back! At least thier house will be warm.........!

DOH ! :w00t:

Getting some sympathy on HUKD.....priceless!

Unlucky, it can only get better. ;-)

Original Poster

Trickyjabs;3671769

Getting some sympathy on HUKD.....priceless!Unlucky, it can only get … Getting some sympathy on HUKD.....priceless!Unlucky, it can only get better. ;-)

It better!:roll:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3911
      4. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11

See more discussions