Groups

bad rep for commet

i brought a samsung L730 camera for my daughter for xmas and she used it a total of 3 times. thats 15 year old for you!
    anyway the last time she used it it started to bleep and stopped taking pictures.
    we phoned Commet who told us it would be quicker if we sent it back to sumsung! it cost me over £5.00 to send.
    then about a week later we get a letter stating that the camera was in need of repair due to physical damage! if we wanted to go ahead with the repair it would cost £44.99 or if we just wanted the camera back it would cost £9.99. we got the camera in the sale for £69.99 so why would you pay 44.99 to have a reconditioned camera when what ytou purchased was a brand new camera! Commet have no after sales care for the customer at all as do Samsung. rubish service!! dont touch with a bardge pole!!!!!!!

9 Comments

Did you buy it this christmas if so take it back to comet for a refund

Contact samsung head office and complain

Problem is if they are saying its been physically damaged they are'nt liable, it would only be covered under insurance. You need to check with your daughter to see if it got damaged on accident and if shes sure that it was'nt you'd then have to argue the toss with them.

Original Poster

yeah done that already, they are useless. comet wont take responsability nor will samsung.
    been in touch with head office at both.
    now i have to replace her xmas prezzie at my own cost!
    it makes the year gaurantee worthless.

If they say its a physical damaged thats not a manufacturing fault so its not covered

Dont get done get Dom

Banned

So what was the physical damage? Was it marked? If it wasnt ask them to explain what the physical damage was.

Personally, I would have made comet deal with it as you are their customer not Samsung.

Banned

Physical damages are not covered under warranty having said that if you are positive that you have not done anything to physically damage the unit, and had purchased the unit in the last 12 months try calling this number (Samsung) they might bring it in for FOC (free of charge) repairs

0870 726 7864*

Banned

dandoc2;2440006

Did you buy it this christmas if so take it back to comet for a refund … Did you buy it this christmas if so take it back to comet for a refund Contact samsung head office and complain

Nice answer just dug the number for the chap as well plus added repute for your answer

Dell_in_the_bed;2440055

Nice answer just dug the number for the chap as well plus added repute … Nice answer just dug the number for the chap as well plus added repute for your answer

................ok:?

I know it doesn't help you now, but you should have only dealt with Comet.
    It is with them you had the contract with not Samsung.
    Would have saved you postage too.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best advert ever to be seen.2024
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1532
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3431246
      4. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?1830

See more discussions