Groups

bad times...

in bed and just got shook by the vibrations from a very large explosion or bomb in newry, northern ireland...not reported as yet..hope there is no deaths.

35 Comments

Scary stuff! Does that happen often to you?

Original Poster

StudentJo;7922927

Scary stuff! Does that happen often to you?

1st time...lets hope its an unintentional explosion and no-one is hurt

ooooo my god hope no ones ingured my boyfs just put sky on it was a car bomb out side of court house omg

Banned

Car has exploded outside Newry Court House

How far are you from the court house#?

mod

Put Sky News on now

andywedge;7922986

Put Sky News on now

What channel is it?

Its on BBC News24

Lulu'sMammy;7922993

What channel is it?

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;7922975

How far are you from the court house#?

bout 3 miles:?

mod

Lulu'sMammy;7922993

What channel is it?

Depends on your provider (Sky 501)
    Also on BBC News channel (Sky 503)

No reported injuries

shaneomac;7923008

bout 3 miles:?

Shouldn't be too many people around that area now should there?

Car Bomb

for us peasants channel 80 (bbc) channel 82 (sky news) on freeview

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;7923024

Shouldn't be too many people around that area now should there?

sounds like the psni(police)were clearing the area...its one of the busiest intersections in newry.crazy and stupid.no one supports this sort of action.

Original Poster

faevilangel;7923048

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8529541.stm

lets hope its not a dress rehershal for a crowded place during a busy time.nightmare.

it says no injuries

maybe our troops could actually defend their own soil and then play peacemaker elsewhere.

sectarianism still hasn't left home turf, forget Iraq

Original Poster

gemmar26;7923148

it says no injuries

yea thankfully.impact this may have could be massive.lets hope its the last act ot terriorism in northern ireland.

Banned

who thinks that was a warning bomb?

dav1d_uk;7923235

who thinks that was a warning bomb?

What's a warning bomb? I think it was an act of terrorism designed to make everyone think there is worse to come.

Banned

StudentJo;7923266

What's a warning bomb? I think it was an act of terrorism designed to … What's a warning bomb? I think it was an act of terrorism designed to make everyone think there is worse to come.

that will be a warning bomb then - like a warning shot!:thinking:

Banned

StudentJo;7923266

What's a warning bomb? I think it was an act of terrorism designed to … What's a warning bomb? I think it was an act of terrorism designed to make everyone think there is worse to come.

"act of terrorism" i would say so yeah:thinking:

When are these idiots going to realise no one here wants this crap anymore. The vast majority of people want to get on with their lives in peace.

Original Poster

cbryanp;7923307

When are these idiots going to realise no one here wants this crap … When are these idiots going to realise no one here wants this crap anymore. The vast majority of people want to get on with their lives in peace.

this:roll:

rugger-tyke;7923181

maybe our troops could actually defend their own soil and then play … maybe our troops could actually defend their own soil and then play peacemaker elsewhere.sectarianism still hasn't left home turf, forget Iraq

around 150 UK military personnel currently in theatre.

cbryanp;7923307

When are these idiots going to realise no one here wants this crap … When are these idiots going to realise no one here wants this crap anymore. The vast majority of people want to get on with their lives in peace.

No one wants it ANY MORE? That suggests they DID want it previously. :thinking:

peodude;7923331

No one wants it ANY MORE? That suggests they DID want it previously. … No one wants it ANY MORE? That suggests they DID want it previously. :thinking:

In the past there was a lot more support for these kinds of acts

lucky this is the 1st time its happened to you shane, been woke out of bed many a time by a large bomb. Real smart guys like, blow a court house up near midnight. What a way to get your point across. Idiots.

Banned

cbryanp;7923307

These guys really have to get with the times - people are much more scared of 'Islamo-terrorism' nowadays.

Back in the day you could get away with car bombs and drive-bys, but now we've got suicide bombers who are willing to die in the belief they'll be rewarded in heaven.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;7924268

These guys really have to get with the times - people are much more … These guys really have to get with the times - people are much more scared of 'Islamo-terrorism' nowadays.Back in the day you could get away with car bombs and drive-bys, but now we've got suicide bombers who are willing to die in the belief they'll be rewarded in heaven.

Though some are just content "to spread the word". I guess that's something to be thankful for!

Banned

Hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

more trouble; i think the IRA is starting to become the bigger threat than Al-Qaeda, or whatever fancy name they choose.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Slow Cooker with Kikkoman77
      2. Win £1000 @ Capital FM1919
      3. Win £50,000 with ITV7 (Closes 2:25pm Saturday 09/09)22
      4. Samsung Galaxy Note 8 International Giveaway!77

See more discussions