Badges...what are they all about?

Posted 24th Oct
Can someone tell me the purpose of the badges please?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
They are useless. Keeps the kids happy
16 Comments
When you have been a member long enough or done enough deals/comments you earn a badge. The more badges you collect doesnt really make any difference except in the competitions, some of the larger prizes are only open to those with certain badges.
badges of honour
@Mimz1985 badges are awarded after you have completed certain achievements.

Occasionally some competitions are only open to certain badge holders.

You don’t actually get anything when you unlock them. Unless of course you get the New VIP badge then you are sent a goody bag

You can click on your profile overview and scroll down where your activity shows next to it is a badge tab. If you click on that tab it shows each badge and how to unlock them

Click on profile click on overview
38742644-DO3BM.jpgScroll down

38742644-CVHvd.jpgClick on badge tab

38742644-3h6dO.jpg
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 24th Oct
chocci24/10/2019 06:37

Don’t forget the VIP badge holders got mugs sent out to them recently

Plus new VIP’s are getting goody bags sent

hotukdeals.com/dis…289
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 24th Oct
myusernamehasgone23424/10/2019 06:41

Don’t forget the VIP badge holders got mugs sent out to them recentlyPlus n …Don’t forget the VIP badge holders got mugs sent out to them recentlyPlus new VIP’s are getting goody bags senthttps://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/do-you-have-what-it-takes-to-be-a-hotukdeals-vip-win-some-goodies-3288289#thread-comments

Yeah but don’t forget how much of a mess VIP badges have been in the past, many got one and were never seen again as they only got it for getting a deal just over 100 degrees in the newsletter. Even today’s relaunch is a bit of a mess one hasn’t posted many deals and nominating just brings out the friends nominating each other. As much creditability as a chocolate orange deal

Op just don’t worry about them they have no real significance.
Edited by: "eslick" 24th Oct
It's also as a way of being able to trust the person that is posting the deal
I'm curious as to what the thread lvl 2 one is. I can't find an answer to that myself.
neekaphillips24/10/2019 08:20

I'm curious as to what the thread lvl 2 one is. I can't find an answer to …I'm curious as to what the thread lvl 2 one is. I can't find an answer to that myself.

I was just wondering the same! Then I saw in the flamedeer winners thread it says Contributor Level 2
Edited by: "jco83" 24th Oct
jco8324/10/2019 08:28

I was just wondering the same! Then I saw in the flamedeer winners thread …I was just wondering the same! Then I saw in the flamedeer winners thread it says Contributer LVL 2

Ah! That makes more sense! Thankyou for that!
eslick24/10/2019 08:07

Yeah but don’t forget how much of a mess VIP badges have been in the past, …Yeah but don’t forget how much of a mess VIP badges have been in the past, many got one and were never seen again as they only got it for getting a deal just over 100 degrees in the newsletter. Even today’s relaunch is a bit of a mess one hasn’t posted many deals and nominating just brings out the friends nominating each other. As much creditability as a chocolate orange deal Op just don’t worry about them they have no real significance.

loving the chocolate orange analogy .

Was that specially for me

Your right they don’t really mean anything.

But those goody bags are up for grabs for a few lucky folks but how to get one nobody knows
myusernamehasgone23424/10/2019 08:30

loving the chocolate orange analogy .Was that specially for me … loving the chocolate orange analogy .Was that specially for me Your right they don’t really mean anything.But those goody bags are up for grabs for a few lucky folks but how to get one nobody knows

Maybe in the future there willl be deal posted on here so you could get one.
They are there to fool you into thinking that you need to achieve them.
You print them out and then pin them on your chest to show off around the office.
Thanks everyone. I can see now why people bother of going to the effort of ‘giving heat’ or voting ‘cold’. I’ve only done it a handful times myself but now appreciate the significance.

So how does one go about becoming a VIP?
That was poor English. I can see now why people bother going to the effort of ‘giving heat’...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants