Groups

baggage allowance

is baggage allowance on airplanes per person or per case? please help!!!!

18 Comments

Original Poster

sorted! just found out with the local airport! its per person!!!

per person, 20kg

and now if you weigh them at the check in bit and your bag is 22kg and your partner is 18kg your not allowed to open them up and divide the weights.

eh i think that got deleted ^^ god knows why ^^

Nah you posted on a post further down the op posted twice

i thot i was going mad !!!

but ill leave that job to charliethirtytwo :thumbsup:

It actually depends on the airline.

It isn't a uniform regulation.

saxo_appeal

per person, 20kgand now if you weigh them at the check in bit and your … per person, 20kgand now if you weigh them at the check in bit and your bag is 22kg and your partner is 18kg your not allowed to open them up and divide the weights.

I guess you've never flown Ryanair then...

spladam

I guess you've never flown Ryanair then...

£4.50 per bag if i remember correctly? At least easyjet let you take 1 bag free of charge :roll:

oh you learn a new thing every day lol

There are also claims in a Travel supplement of one Sunday paper that the luggage scales are/were dodgy at some Ryanair desks ie they overstated the weight so that you would be charged excess baggage.

Also note that infants/babies generally do not have any baggage allowance.

emasu

£4.50 per bag if i remember correctly? At least easyjet let you take 1 … £4.50 per bag if i remember correctly? At least easyjet let you take 1 bag free of charge :roll:

Well lets put it this way, with Ryanair you only get 15KG free.

I can't remember how the charges work as I refuse to fly them, but it is ridiculous.

O'Leary would charge you for a **** onboard if he could. I am pretty sure there must be some law/regulation saying he can't, as well, quite frankly you wouldn't have much choice in toilet.

--
    'Checked Baggage' is any item accepted for carriage in the aircraft hold, including but not limited to suitcases, baby buggies, infant travel cots, car seats, rucksacks, tents and any mobility equipment such as, wheelchairs, scooters and walking frames. Large sports equipment and musical instruments are subject to separate charges and restrictions - see below.
    A Baggage Fee is charged for the carriage of each item of Checked Baggage. The Baggage Fee may be prepaid at the current discounted rate of €6.00/£5.00 per item of baggage/per one way flight when making your reservation. If the Baggage Fee is paid after you have made your booking either at the airport, or through a Ryanair call centre, at the full rate per item of baggage/per one way flight is charged. Baby buggies, wheelchairs, scooters and walking frames are carried free of charge
    The Checked Baggage allowance is 15kg per person. There is no baggage allowance for infants, although a pram/buggy will be carried free of charge. Each Passenger may check-in up to 5 items of checked baggage, up to the checked baggage allowance per person (a Baggage Fee is charged for each item of checked baggage).
    Passengers may not use the unused checked baggage allowance of other passengers. No pooling/sharing of the checked baggage allowance is permitted, even within a party travelling on the same Confirmation Number.
    One item of hand baggage per person, weighing no more than 10kg and with dimensions of less than 55cm x 40cm x 20cm, may be carried into the aircraft cabin (restrictions apply from certain countries) Click here for details.
    Any passenger checking in baggage exceeding their checked baggage allowance (per person) will be charged an excess baggage fee currently at a rate of £5.50/€8 per kilo (or local currency equivalent).

vikingaero

There are also claims in a Travel supplement of one Sunday paper that the … There are also claims in a Travel supplement of one Sunday paper that the luggage scales are/were dodgy at some Ryanair desks ie they overstated the weight so that you would be charged excess baggage.

It wouldn't surprise me.

saxo_appeal

i thot i was going mad !!!but ill leave that job to charliethirtytwo … i thot i was going mad !!!but ill leave that job to charliethirtytwo :thumbsup:

[SIZE="4"][CENTER]Do you mind...I resemble that comment!!![/SIZE]
    http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7079/joker2rt6.jpg
    Can't believe they wouldn't let me take 'Jack' on as hand luggage!?!?!?[/CENTER]

BA is 1 BAG up to max allowance
    Check with your airline!!!

Aquatic

BA is 1 BAG up to max allowanceCheck with your airline!!!

I think BA is 1 bag weighing 23KG.

Yes with BA if you choose the cheapest class then it is only 1 bag that weights up to 23kg, which sounds rather pointless because it means more heavy bags for the staff to carry, to the airplane and back again.

As you choose the higher classes they let you have up to 3 bags but I think with the same max allowance.

charmed699

Yes with BA if you choose the cheapest class then it is only 1 bag that … Yes with BA if you choose the cheapest class then it is only 1 bag that weights up to 23kg, which sounds rather pointless because it means more heavy bags for the staff to carry, to the airplane and back again.As you choose the higher classes they let you have up to 3 bags but I think with the same max allowance.

Joe Public should never really have any real need to have a bag that weighs that much when they are off on holiday.

I moved abroad with ONLY 26KG checked baggage*, so if your checking close to that much for a 1-3 week holiday, per adult, your being excessive.

I know of course there are certain people who travel on business and stuff that need to take samples and stuff which is all extra weight, but I don't count them.

My point is, some people really over pack when going on holiday.

* = And the 15KG roll on board suitcase, and laptop case weighing about 8KG! :oops:

some airlines is only 15KG, unless you buy extra then you get 20KG
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1414
      2. Customs charged too much for a little item!66
      3. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware34
      4. Multi fuel stove deals11

See more discussions