Found 25th May 2011
Hi,
I'm flying with Thomson tomorrow with Egypt and have 2 checked in bags of up to 15kg, and two pieces of hand luggage of up to 5kg.
Does anyone know how strict they are on these weight restrictions? Because Our two cases are 16-17kg and the 2 hand luggage are 5.5-6.5kg. Will we get charged extra for this, or is there some sort of "extra" that they allow you.
ALL help is greatly appreciated!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
8 Comments

It really is the luck of the draw, depending on the mood of the person who checks you in. I personally have never had my hand luggage weighed, but I have seen it happen to others. If it is Sharm you are going to it is easy to buy shower gel, shampoo etc there (was there last year) good luck

hope this helps

Thomson INFO so it could cost you £70 extra each way unless you prebook it
Edited by: "Chuckles1001" 25th May 2011

Banned

hand luggage rarely gets weighed so 5.5-6 should be fine

if they say they need to charge, then just say you'll unpack 2kg from each case and wear the clothes and they'll let you off rather than delay check-in for everyone.

When I came back from Columbia I just stuck about 2 kilo's of "luggage" up my butt!

My hand luggage often gets weighed, I wouldn't chance it.

It will be very costly if you get caught.

I would have a look through your things and see what you can leave - we all overpack and take too much! Plus bare in mind you have no weight allowance left to bring new things back with you

Edited by: "bossyboots" 25th May 2011

I flew with thomson 2 weeks ago and our hand luggage never got weighed both airports.

Are your suitcases already to the 15Kg limit?
When we went all 5 of us were allowed 20kg bags, but now any quotes we get seem to be limited to 15kg bags. We only used just under 50Kg between 2 suitcases and 2 trunkis we checked in.

Banned

csiman

if they say they need to charge, then just say you'll unpack 2kg from … if they say they need to charge, then just say you'll unpack 2kg from each case and wear the clothes and they'll let you off rather than delay check-in for everyone.

They won't nessecarily let you off as I've seen many times check in staff asking people to step aside and do this, which doesn't delay the check in for everyone
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Add one, leave one game54315392
    2. Marks & Spencer Credit Receipt?22
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322825
    4. word association Game74244869

See more discussions