Bah humbug!

Posted 5th Dec 2019
You rotten lot that jumped on the deal of the Love Actually film saying it’s not a classic! How very dare you lol what are your best Christmasy classics to stick on the play list... x
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

42 Comments
The Santa Claus with Tim Allen.
Uncle buck, national lampoon's, planes trains and automobiles
39272905-ymYcZ.jpg
fanpages06/12/2019 00:23

"Die Hard"

Die Hard is not a Christmas movie! It is a goddamn Bruce Willis movie!"
Douglas_Birks06/12/2019 06:12

Ooh gotta love a bit of UB!! They’ve cut out the best sweary bits I remember as a kid though they did the same on Home Alone 😩
LucyEv06/12/2019 07:01

Ooh gotta love a bit of UB!! They’ve cut out the best sweary bits I r …Ooh gotta love a bit of UB!! They’ve cut out the best sweary bits I remember as a kid though they did the same on Home Alone 😩

You could a dvd for a few quid from somewhere.. Or maybe a friend of friend could find it online cough torrent it for you
oh yes I might just do that! And throw abit of drop dead Fred in there!!
Elf
Makes us laugh every year... how sad!
LillyM06/12/2019 07:22

Makes us laugh every year... how sad!

“Call me elf one more time..” & “ did you hear thaaaat!”
Jingle all the way, polar express, home alone are my faves. Santa Claus the Movie used to be my fave as a kid but I hate to say now that I find it very slow and boring
39273456-WlvAN.jpg
For those older people who love their Fanny

39273456-Tfy8p.jpg
nemesiz06/12/2019 08:23

[Image] For those older people who love their Fanny [Image]

I think I’m too young for these at 39!! I haven’t the foggiest!!
LucyEv06/12/2019 08:27

I think I’m too young for these at 39!! I haven’t the foggiest!!

Fanny is a classic! Although very old, enjoys her stuffing and very heavy handed. Great Christmas Viewing. Google her!
Definitely will haha

"Die Hard"

LucyEv06/12/2019 06:59

Die Hard is not a Christmas movie! It is a goddamn Bruce Willis movie!"

With the story set on Christmas Eve; just like "Die Hard 2" (two years later).
fanpages06/12/2019 09:33

With the story set on Christmas Eve; just like "Die Hard 2" (two years …With the story set on Christmas Eve; just like "Die Hard 2" (two years later).

Think my sarcasm got lost...it was this I was referring to...On December 24, 2017, screenwriter Steven E. de Souza stated on Twitter that Die Hard is a Christmas film. However, at his Comedy Central Roast, Willis declared "Die Hard is not a Christmas movie! It is a goddamn Bruce Willis movie!"

"Die Hard"

fanpages06/12/2019 09:33

With the story set on Christmas Eve; just like "Die Hard 2" (two years …With the story set on Christmas Eve; just like "Die Hard 2" (two years later).

LucyEv06/12/2019 09:56

Think my sarcasm got lost...it was this I was referring to...On December …Think my sarcasm got lost...it was this I was referring to...On December 24, 2017, screenwriter Steven E. de Souza stated on Twitter that Die Hard is a Christmas film. However, at his Comedy Central Roast, Willis declared "Die Hard is not a Christmas movie! It is a goddamn Bruce Willis movie!"

This is the reason Willis is an actor, not a comedian.
fanpages06/12/2019 09:58

This is the reason Willis is an actor, not a comedian.

He’s a leg end!
I simply don't conform / partake with these stereotypes same as I don't just watch a slasher movie because it's approaching Halloween.

Each film on individual merit.
Christmas is "overload" as is, the hype only serves to drive me away...
..to the alps.
Douglas_Birks06/12/2019 06:12

Planes Trains isn’t a Christmas movie. It’s a thanksgiving movie.
Mr_Gus06/12/2019 10:12

I simply don't conform / partake with these stereotypes same as I don't …I simply don't conform / partake with these stereotypes same as I don't just watch a slasher movie because it's approaching Halloween.Each film on individual merit.Christmas is "overload" as is, the hype only serves to drive me away.....to the alps.

True point taken I don’t watch horrors anyway let alone at Halloween! 😬 but for the kids it’s nice to watch the Xmasy films - what’s your favourite film then on merit!
TheAppleGeezer06/12/2019 10:23

Planes Trains isn’t a Christmas movie. It’s a thanksgiving movie.

I can’t comment as I haven’t seen it
LucyEv06/12/2019 10:25

True point taken I don’t watch horrors anyway let alone at Halloween! & …True point taken I don’t watch horrors anyway let alone at Halloween! 😬 but for the kids it’s nice to watch the Xmasy films - what’s your favourite film then on merit!

That's an impossible question, I use a projector or two so films I wasn't overly enamoured with when watched previously on a regular tv suddenly morph into a different animal at 120 inch.

I try to give everything a go but if something is rammed down my throat (heavy marketing) then I may only watch it 6 years later being less cynical of the hype that has long since dissipated.

However I find the super hero thing super-tedious as delivered by the accountancy dept of major film studios. & xmas takes that formula in the studios too.
Mr_Gus06/12/2019 10:34

That's an impossible question, I use a projector or two so films I wasn't …That's an impossible question, I use a projector or two so films I wasn't overly enamoured with when watched previously on a regular tv suddenly morph into a different animal at 120 inch.I try to give everything a go but if something is rammed down my throat (heavy marketing) then I may only watch it 6 years later being less cynical of the hype that has long since dissipated.However I find the super hero thing super-tedious as delivered by the accountancy dept of major film studios. & xmas takes that formula in the studios too.

Yea pretty much the same I haven’t watched a new film in ages, so what film would you stick on to cheer you up if your stuck in bed ill
The Apartment.
deeky06/12/2019 10:44

The Apartment.

1960! Will have to ask my mum if she seen it
LucyEv06/12/2019 10:48

It's a lovely film.
Shazam! (Christmas movie?)
LucyEv06/12/2019 10:41

Yea pretty much the same I haven’t watched a new film in ages, so what f …Yea pretty much the same I haven’t watched a new film in ages, so what film would you stick on to cheer you up if your stuck in bed ill

Well, that only has a 90 inch throw projector in that room, & it depends how sick I am (woozy or otherwise) those days I resort to Mash episodes (not film) ...so if I drop off no problem.

Amelie maybe, or for some humour, Wyrmwood or an old ealing studio black & white in all likelihood, "the Maggie", "Goodbye Mr chips" or something of that ilk.
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 6th Dec 2019
Mr_Gus06/12/2019 10:55

Well, that only has a 90 inch throw projector in that room, & it depends …Well, that only has a 90 inch throw projector in that room, & it depends how sick I am (woozy or otherwise) those days I resort to Mash episodes (not film) ...so if I drop off no problem.Amelie maybe, or for some humour, Wyrmwood or an old ealing studio black & white in all likelihood, "the Maggie", "Goodbye Mr chips" or something of that ilk.

Never heard of any of them I’m afraid but after a quick google I will definitely stick them on list to watch next time I’m bedridden I generally don’t have time to sit and watch a film otherwise, I will steer clear of wyrmwood though looks like it will give me nightmares lol
Wyrmwood is actually a zombie comedy on a budget from australia, it featuresa strong cast, including some big names (in Australia).

Goodbye mr chips in the original schmultzy "Robert Donat" (mr chippings) but is also an "everything ISNT wonderful" film which is what gives it so much power, it knocked a few awards in its time away from "gone with the wind"
Look for powell & pressburger for films of this ilk. (colonel blimp, etc)
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 6th Dec 2019
Mr_Gus06/12/2019 11:20

Wyrmwood is actually a zombie comedy on a budget from australia, it …Wyrmwood is actually a zombie comedy on a budget from australia, it featuresa strong cast, including some big names (in Australia).Goodbye mr chips in the original schmultzy "Robert Donat" (mr chippings) but is also an "everything ISNT wonderful" film which is what gives it so much power, it knocked a few awards in its time away from "gone with the wind" Look for powell & pressburger for films of this ilk. (colonel blimp, etc)Caution NSFW

There’s definitely a few to keep me going, thankyou if I’m feeling brave and it’s daytime I might try wyrmwood lol!
"Bad Santa"
39275237-mbxK7.jpg

Kids would love that one...
LucyEv06/12/2019 10:48

Has she?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions