Groups

Bailey's puppy update

Yesterday bailey gave birth to a beautiful tricolour boy
    Then she had problems with the 2nd pup who had an abnormal large head & had to have an emergency c-section & then the vet put the 2nd pup a blenheim boy to sleep :-(

mum & pup are at home snuggled up in bed now.....

35 Comments

Original Poster

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/cheerleader5_02/DSC00052.jpg

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/cheerleader5_02/DSC00051.jpg

Banned

Congrats again Cheer (and comiserations too!)

Congratulations,shame the other 1 didn't make it.

congrats shame to hear about the 2nd pup though

Hope mum and the little survivor are doing well.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks if she hadn't have had the c-section we most probably would have lost her too as the vet said there was no way should would have been able to deliver the puppy as his head was so large :-(

sorry to hear about the 2nd pup hope mum and remaining pup are doing well x

Banned

awww didnt she lose one last time too, are you a breeder?

Original Poster

sassie;6228452

awww didnt she lose one last time too, are you a breeder?

yes she did :-( no just my pets are frisky! she would have been fine this time & not needed a c-section if the 2nd pup's head hadn't been abnormally large :-(

Banned

cheerleader;6228798

yes she did :-( no just my pets are frisky! she would have been fine this … yes she did :-( no just my pets are frisky! she would have been fine this time & not needed a c-section if the 2nd pup's head hadn't been abnormally large :-(

awww maybe its time dad had the snip :w00t:

Original Poster

sassie;6228818

awww maybe its time dad had the snip :w00t:

he's going to later this year after my mate's dog has borrowed him :lol:

sorry to hear the 2nd pup didnt make it but congrats on the little survivor and his mum x

aww lovely pics sorry to hear she had a hard time of it, hope they are both doing ok.

shame the 2nd pup didnt make it

you have a handful there -:friends:

Original Poster

alfie and harrys mum;6228953

aww lovely pics sorry to hear she had a hard time of it, hope they are … aww lovely pics sorry to hear she had a hard time of it, hope they are both doing ok.

thanks hun xx sad about the puppy but i'm more relieved that bailey is ok as she's my baby girl & i don't know what i would do if i lost her

cheerleader;6231278

thanks hun xx sad about the puppy but i'm more relieved that bailey … thanks hun xx sad about the puppy but i'm more relieved that bailey is ok as she's my baby girl & i don't know what i would do if i lost her

That doesn't bear thinking about.
    The pics are tugging at the heat strings. Hope Bailey is comfortable soon. :thumbsup: The dinky dog is so tiny.

Original Poster

chesso;6232722

That doesn't bear thinking about. The pics are tugging at the heat … That doesn't bear thinking about. The pics are tugging at the heat strings. Hope Bailey is comfortable soon. :thumbsup: The dinky dog is so tiny.

he's not that tiny as the average weight for a cavalier king charles spaniel at birth is 5 to 8 oz & he weighed about 10 1/2 oz :thumbsup:

Just seen you added pic,so cute.

aww thats so cute, sorry to hear about the second pup, x

cheerleader;6234949

he's not that tiny as the average weight for a cavalier king charles … he's not that tiny as the average weight for a cavalier king charles spaniel at birth is 5 to 8 oz & he weighed about 10 1/2 oz :thumbsup:

:giggle: He's a whopper then :-D ( about the size of my golden retriever's ear!!;-))

Seriously, if the other one was bigger then I can see how there were difficulties.

chesso;6237105

:giggle: He's a whopper then :-D ( about the size of my golden … :giggle: He's a whopper then :-D ( about the size of my golden retriever's ear!!;-))

:giggle:

Super cute cheer xx So sorry to hear about the other pup but glad Bailey's alright xx

Original Poster

chesso;6237105

:giggle: He's a whopper then :-D ( about the size of my golden … :giggle: He's a whopper then :-D ( about the size of my golden retriever's ear!!;-))Seriously, if the other one was bigger then I can see how there were difficulties.

he's a greedy little fidget as well :giggle:
    yes, me too :-(

Original Poster

bailey's puppy died over an hour ago :-( he did a big stretch & yawn & then stopped breathing tried for about 15 minutes to resusitate him but couldn't get him breathing again :-( i'm devastated :cry:

Mum and baby look so sweet together

so sorry for the loss of the second pup xxx

hope mummy recovers asap and baby is doing well

magicbeans;6250074

hope mummy recovers asap and baby is doing well

She has lost the 2nd pup MB :cry:

Oh cheer I was just coming on to congratualte you and I saw your update :cry:
    you must be so gutted hun xxx

poor bailey

frollickingfrill;6250120

She has lost the 2nd pup MB :cry:

oh she lost both pups??

I didnt realise, thats so sad hun I'm so sorry xx

Original Poster

thanks everyone. i'm a bit of a mess here as she was really maternal from the start with him so didn't expect any problems :cry: no more puppies for bailey now as i don't think either of us could go through this again :cry: we'd even decided on a name for him today as well :-(

I don't know what to say either; sorry seems inadequate. You really must be dreadfully upset. Thank goodness Bailey is fine.:friends: xx

that's a shame.

:cry: :cry:

just came to check to see how mum and baby were doing and have seen the other baby died im so sorry hope bailey is coping(and u of course) x

edjaned;6265309

just came to check to see how mum and baby were doing and have seen the … just came to check to see how mum and baby were doing and have seen the other baby died im so sorry hope bailey is coping(and u of course) x

+1, lots of love cheer xx

sorry to hear the puppy died but you just have to focus on bailey now, she will have a sense of loss too.
    its a hard business breeding dogs, you and the dog go through so much to have puppies and then for no reason at all a whole litter can die, its very hard.
    hope you both get over it but i do agree i think you should give up having puppies after this experience.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What is there free to do in your town?37
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …278966
      3. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635
      4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1020

See more discussions