Bands Similar To "Billy Talent"???

Found 23rd Mar 2008
I think Billy Talent are an excellent band but they don't have any new albums coming out any time soon. As a result, i want to listen to other similar bands. Any suggestions?
Community Updates
MiscMusic
27 Comments
well they toured with My Chemical Romance, u a fan of them?

or try Anti Flag - profile.myspace.com/ind…001
anti flag are the worst live band ever, they never shut up about hippy ****
anti flag, no fx, lagwaggon

or try bands like

All time low, A change of pace, yellowcard,

not the same
but similar!
Original Poster
I HATE My chemical Romance. I wouldn't say they're like Billy Talent at all. Chemical are distinctly emo, Billy Talent are more punk rock. Thanks for the suggestion though :thumbsup:
hypnoticstate;1766603

I HATE My chemical Romance. I wouldn't say they're like Billy Talent at … I HATE My chemical Romance. I wouldn't say they're like Billy Talent at all. Chemical are distinctly emo, Billy Talent are more punk rock. Thanks for the suggestion though :thumbsup:

I hate them too, he has to have one of the most annoying faces, everytime I see his face I switch off, Grrr..
what's that one where the vid is black and white at the beginning - I hate that!
stratomaster;1766336

anti flag, no fx, lagwaggonor try bands likeAll time low, A change of … anti flag, no fx, lagwaggonor try bands likeAll time low, A change of pace, yellowcard, not the samebut similar!

I agree with All Time Low definately check them out.
Also if you want to go a bit harder have a listen to Killswitch Engage or 36 Crazyfists.
Maybe Avenged Sevenfold, New Found Glory, or Green Day's older stuff.
These are my fav bands:

Zebrahead
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Stricken
Rise Against
Senses Fail
In Flames
Dragonforce (some)
Avenged Sevenfold
my daughter relaibly tells me:
zebrahead
envy on the coast
afi
mayday parade
Original Poster
J9STL;1767066

my daughter relaibly tells me:zebrahead envy on the coastafimayday parade

afi are good :thumbsup:
Sheriff Waffles;1766872

I hate them too, he has to have one of the most annoying faces, everytime … I hate them too, he has to have one of the most annoying faces, everytime I see his face I switch off, Grrr..what's that one where the vid is black and white at the beginning - I hate that!

He? Last time I checked My Chemical Romace was a band

My favourite bands/soloists in no particular order

Panic at the disco
Plain White T's
Jack Johnson
My Chemical Romance
Avril Lavigne
Kate Nash
Blink 182
Cute is what we aim for
Paramore

--

Oh look Hypnoscate or whatever your name is, guess i'm the emo kid here?
blink
nash
Jack johnson
are all ace and none emo!

Zebrahead is another ace suggestion! Met them :P

Check out their new album broadcast to the word, some of the songs are quite talent-esque
[QUOTE=t0mm;1767254]He? Last time I checked My Chemical Romace was a band

I know, the lead singer irritates me more than the band!!!!:p
I'm abit old school, but you can't miss chemical - they were on every music chanel with that song!!!
Bit older than you t0mm, Nirvana, pearl jam, alice in chains, L7, Lemonheads were all the rage when I was your age!!!
if you're talking best bands now - Kings of Leon and Muse
surfer90;1767450

Like muse:thumbsup:
Original Poster
surfer90;1767450

Won free tickets to go see Kings of Leon live about 2 years ago. I wish i had paid, then i could demand some money back. They're awful, even when you're in front row seats..
hypnoticstate;1767524

Won free tickets to go see Kings of Leon live about 2 years ago. I wish i … Won free tickets to go see Kings of Leon live about 2 years ago. I wish i had paid, then i could demand some money back. They're awful, even when you're in front row seats..

that was 2 years ago - i'vre seen them 3 times live and have improved dramatically everytime.
Not been to any gigs now for about 10 years .. used to go to donnington and stuff.
Last act I saw was free, it was Ice -T / bodycount... got wrecked by a load of protesting and very drunk students ... they were like aload of escaped animals from the zoo they were!!!
TBS - Taking Back sunday
Kevin Devine
Good Charlotte
Jimmy Eat World
I saw Billy Talent a couple of times but that was years ago, used to love them, personally would say Lost Prophets are fairly similar.
JimmyW;1767681

I saw Billy Talent a couple of times but that was years ago, used to love … I saw Billy Talent a couple of times but that was years ago, used to love them, personally would say Lost Prophets are fairly similar.

Like some of Lost prophets earlier stuff:thumbsup:
Sheriff Waffles;1767690

Like some of Lost prophets earlier stuff:thumbsup:

Yeah, I only know their early stuff not really my thing now.
Brand New?

I like Billy Talent, the only band on my playlist that sounds remotely similar are those.
Fall of Troy?
Billy Ocean?
Billy Bragg?
Billy Idol?
Billy Jo-El?

-BillyX
billyX;1769206

Billy Ocean?Billy Bragg?Billy Idol?Billy Jo-El?-BillyX

Your pic somehow reminds me of Billy Idol, think it's cos your called Billy X and Billy Idol used to be in a band calles generation x! :-D
billyX;1769206

Billy Ocean?Billy Bragg?Billy Idol?Billy Jo-El?... Don't forget billie … Billy Ocean?Billy Bragg?Billy Idol?Billy Jo-El?... Don't forget billie piper!!-BillyX

Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants