Banged my big toe on my hoover whilst navigating my way to my room in the dark from my corridor, I really need to replace that light-bulb

Edited by:"MRR_ltd"Found 12th Oct 2017
It hurts, is swollen and red. It felt numb for a bit.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Serves you right for being nasty to spider.

Whats a "hover"' ?

rogparki16 m ago

Whats a "hover"' ?

What is this thread?
49 Comments

No win no pay

Original Poster

The reason the hover was there is because I used it earlier to kill a spider

Whats a "hover"' ?

rogparki16 m ago

Whats a "hover"' ?

What is this thread?

RossD893 m ago

What is this thread?

Memories of a bygone age to me anyway - but I'm an old softie . OOps wrong thread - I thought I was still on the "Days" thread . Senility is kicking in
Edited by: "rogparki" 12th Oct 2017

Original Poster

RossD896 m ago

What is this thread?

I think it is slowly healing, in less pain now.
Edited by: "MRR_ltd" 12th Oct 2017

Save money and don't replace the light bulb, just move the Hoover.

rogparki2 h, 1 m ago

Whats a "hover"' ?

To keep lingering about; wait near at hand. Or to remain in an uncertain or irresolute state or to waver, to hover between life and death.

Excrutiating pain when you bang a toe. Ouch. Thank god for slippers

psychobitchfromhell3 h, 7 m ago

#SpidersLivesMatter ?? Is that what you are saying

They matter as much as the slugs and snails who get a nice salt bath on my garden path.

Spiders are stupid - there are no flies in my home, if there was they'd be exterminated immediately, so why bother coming into my home? Any creature uninvited gets the same treatment - they are uninvited, breaking and entering, trespassing and are therefore dealt with "with reasonable force"

philphil6111 m ago

#SpidersLivesMatter ?? Is that what you are saying They matter as …#SpidersLivesMatter ?? Is that what you are saying They matter as much as the slugs and snails who get a nice salt bath on my garden path.Spiders are stupid - there are no flies in my home, if there was they'd be exterminated immediately, so why bother coming into my home? Any creature uninvited gets the same treatment - they are uninvited, breaking and entering, trespassing and are therefore dealt with "with reasonable force"

Trust me on this mate you don't want slugs they are evil and snails just have good PR
Spiders are cool and have bad PR will give you no bother

Wongy11023 m ago

Trust me on this mate you don't want slugs they are evil and snails just …Trust me on this mate you don't want slugs they are evil and snails just have good PRSpiders are cool and have bad PR will give you no bother

No bother???

Then why have they entered my home without my consent?

Please tell me what sort of response you'd give if a nice, say 4" wide spider crept over your face whilst you was sleeping and entered your mouth - just for the fun of it

Or it made a nice sticky web across your stairs so that when you went down the stairs you get covered?

Or it laid 100's of babies?

I don't mind them outside... they can do what they want and live a happy life...better than the slugs get. I won't torture a spider outside like I do a slug but it has no business in my home

And

Would you rather it have a quick death rather than slowly starving to death?
Edited by: "philphil61" 13th Oct 2017

It’s getting as bad as Facebook on here.

I slipped getting in the bath yesterday. I also have two broken bones in my back (not caused by this obviously). It was painful.

philphil617 h, 52 m ago

#SpidersLivesMatter ?? Is that what you are saying They matter as …#SpidersLivesMatter ?? Is that what you are saying They matter as much as the slugs and snails who get a nice salt bath on my garden path.Spiders are stupid - there are no flies in my home, if there was they'd be exterminated immediately, so why bother coming into my home? Any creature uninvited gets the same treatment - they are uninvited, breaking and entering, trespassing and are therefore dealt with "with reasonable force"

There's a mummy spider guarding her clutch of eggs in the corner of my ensuite. She is doing no harm so she can stay there. How big are the spiders in your house that they build webs to catch you in as you go downstairs? I know we are on Friday 13th and all that but I thought you were from Nottingham, not Amityville.

psychobitchfromhell45 m ago

There's a mummy spider guarding her clutch of eggs in the corner of my …There's a mummy spider guarding her clutch of eggs in the corner of my ensuite. She is doing no harm so she can stay there. How big are the spiders in your house that they build webs to catch you in as you go downstairs? I know we are on Friday 13th and all that but I thought you were from Nottingham, not Amityville.

I am from Nottingham

Yes we have little spiders and normal 2" spiders and sometimes 4" spiders and 2 times I've seen them bigger than a tea plate (once as a kid and once about 15 years ago).

The big ones you can't kill without leaving a mess - they have to be trapped and released

As I said before if they are outside...all good for them "let them live" but if they gain access they are hardly likely to find a way out so just end up starving to death

RossD8911 h, 20 m ago

What is this thread?

This is an example of Misc 2017.

philphil6114 m ago

I am from Nottingham Yes we have little spiders and normal 2" spiders …I am from Nottingham Yes we have little spiders and normal 2" spiders and sometimes 4" spiders and 2 times I've seen them bigger than a tea plate (once as a kid and once about 15 years ago). The big ones you can't kill without leaving a mess - they have to be trapped and released As I said before if they are outside...all good for them "let them live" but if they gain access they are hardly likely to find a way out so just end up starving to death

If they got in , they can get out. Think mine came in through the extractor fan.

psychobitchfromhell5 h, 52 m ago

If they got in , they can get out. Think mine came in through the …If they got in , they can get out. Think mine came in through the extractor fan.

You are getting to sound like a nagging wife.........

An answer for everything.............

only joking

They come in without consent or thought and they will either die a slow agonising death from starvation or if seen will be dispatched to prevent further suffering unless they are the big messy ones who are caught and released in the vicinity of that nagging wife type neighbour.................roflmao

philphil611 h, 0 m ago

You are getting to sound like a nagging wife......... An answer for …You are getting to sound like a nagging wife......... An answer for everything............. only jokingThey come in without consent or thought and they will either die a slow agonising death from starvation or if seen will be dispatched to prevent further suffering unless they are the big messy ones who are caught and released in the vicinity of that nagging wife type neighbour.................roflmao

Spiders eat most other household pests. If they get hungry mummy can eat the babies. It's a spider eat spider world in my ensuite. Pop them in an envelope and send them to me. I shall set up a spider sanctuary in the ensuite. Oh and less of the nagging wife bit!

philphil611 h, 42 m ago

You are getting to sound like a nagging wife......... An answer for …You are getting to sound like a nagging wife......... An answer for everything............. only jokingThey come in without consent or thought and they will either die a slow agonising death from starvation or if seen will be dispatched to prevent further suffering unless they are the big messy ones who are caught and released in the vicinity of that nagging wife type neighbour.................roflmao

This might interest you!

Animal abuse is often the first sign of serious disturbance among adolescent and adult killers. On Oct. 1, 1997, Luke Woodham, a sophomore at Pearl High School, in a suburb of Jackson, MI, stabbed his mother to death and then opened fire on classmates with a hunting rifle, killing two girls and wounding seven other students. Investigators later found Woodham’s account of his torture and killing of his pet dog Sparkle, which the boy described as his “first kill.” On May 21, 1998, fifteen year old Kip Kinkel shot his parents to death before emptying three guns at his classmates in Thurston High School, Springfield, OR, leaving one dead and 26 injured. Kip had often bragged to others at school about how he tortured animals. Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert DeSalvo (the “Boston strangler”), David Berkowitz (the “Son of Sam”) and Carroll Edward Cole, a serial killer accused of 35 deaths, all recounted animal torture as their first violent act.

So the last time I tried to navigate something in the dark I thought I just stubbed my toe on the side of a suitcase, but turns out i had caught the whole underside of it, and it tore the sole of my foot open a couple or inches, it went right between my pinky and 4th toe. took about a month before I could walk again 2 months before i felt safe wearing heels without a ton of pain. Luckily it was glued back together and i was scared of stitches :P glue was used due to location between toes I believe.
The moral is don't try to walk in the dark or take very small steps, without raising your foot too high, don't do it barefoot and ideally wear shoes.

OllieSt2 h, 50 m ago

This might interest you!Animal abuse is often the first sign of serious …This might interest you!Animal abuse is often the first sign of serious disturbance among adolescent and adult killers. On Oct. 1, 1997, Luke Woodham, a sophomore at Pearl High School, in a suburb of Jackson, MI, stabbed his mother to death and then opened fire on classmates with a hunting rifle, killing two girls and wounding seven other students. Investigators later found Woodham’s account of his torture and killing of his pet dog Sparkle, which the boy described as his “first kill.” On May 21, 1998, fifteen year old Kip Kinkel shot his parents to death before emptying three guns at his classmates in Thurston High School, Springfield, OR, leaving one dead and 26 injured. Kip had often bragged to others at school about how he tortured animals. Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert DeSalvo (the “Boston strangler”), David Berkowitz (the “Son of Sam”) and Carroll Edward Cole, a serial killer accused of 35 deaths, all recounted animal torture as their first violent act.

It doesn't interest me

Anything intelligent to say?

Could you also clarify whether you are labelling me as disturbed?

OllieSt2 h, 59 m ago

This might interest you!Animal abuse is often the first sign of serious …This might interest you!Animal abuse is often the first sign of serious disturbance among adolescent and adult killers. On Oct. 1, 1997, Luke Woodham, a sophomore at Pearl High School, in a suburb of Jackson, MI, stabbed his mother to death and then opened fire on classmates with a hunting rifle, killing two girls and wounding seven other students. Investigators later found Woodham’s account of his torture and killing of his pet dog Sparkle, which the boy described as his “first kill.” On May 21, 1998, fifteen year old Kip Kinkel shot his parents to death before emptying three guns at his classmates in Thurston High School, Springfield, OR, leaving one dead and 26 injured. Kip had often bragged to others at school about how he tortured animals. Jeffrey Dahmer, Albert DeSalvo (the “Boston strangler”), David Berkowitz (the “Son of Sam”) and Carroll Edward Cole, a serial killer accused of 35 deaths, all recounted animal torture as their first violent act.

On the other hand, Hitler was very big on animal welfare.

psychobitchfromhell3 h, 51 m ago

Spiders eat most other household pests. If they get hungry mummy can eat …Spiders eat most other household pests. If they get hungry mummy can eat the babies. It's a spider eat spider world in my ensuite. Pop them in an envelope and send them to me. I shall set up a spider sanctuary in the ensuite. Oh and less of the nagging wife bit!

Without having access to a microscope (and excluding those microscopic bed bugs and mites that live naturally in peoples homes and on their bodies) I don't have any other household pest. About a year or more ago I did pull out some bedding from the airing cupboard and noticed a silverfish so I immediately emptied the airing cupboard, washed all the items stored there on a hot wash and aired them outside. Left the airing cupboard empty for a few days, vacuumed it, used a high pressure steam generator/cleaner, left it to dry out over a few more days, vacuumed again then re-used the cupboard for the original purpose. I haven't seen another silverfish since

Suppose according to OllieSt I have psychotic tendencies to torture animals with excessive force?

#OllieSttheSJW4Insects

If I did "Pop them in an envelope and send them" and they arrived squished would you accept responsibility for asking me to use an envelope or would you consider it's the fault of the postman/Royal Mail or would you, like OllieSt, once again blame me and start a petition/protest
Yet not portion any blame on the insect that entered my property without my consent for no good reason?
Are we humans not allowed, by law, to defend our property and use reasonable force to protect the same?

Define "reasonable force" as mentioned in the law please

And no......more of the nagging wife bit

philphil617 m ago

Without having access to a microscope (and excluding those microscopic bed …Without having access to a microscope (and excluding those microscopic bed bugs and mites that live naturally in peoples homes and on their bodies) I don't have any other household pest. About a year or more ago I did pull out some bedding from the airing cupboard and noticed a silverfish so I immediately emptied the airing cupboard, washed all the items stored there on a hot wash and aired them outside. Left the airing cupboard empty for a few days, vacuumed it, used a high pressure steam generator/cleaner, left it to dry out over a few more days, vacuumed again then re-used the cupboard for the original purpose. I haven't seen another silverfish since Suppose according to OllieSt I have psychotic tendencies to torture animals with excessive force?#OllieSttheSJW4InsectsIf I did "Pop them in an envelope and send them" and they arrived squished would you accept responsibility for asking me to use an envelope or would you consider it's the fault of the postman/Royal Mail or would you, like OllieSt, once again blame me and start a petition/protestYet not portion any blame on the insect that entered my property without my consent for no good reason?Are we humans not allowed, by law, to defend our property and use reasonable force to protect the same?Define "reasonable force" as mentioned in the law pleaseAnd no......more of the nagging wife bit[Video]

Everything OK tonight, phil'?

philphil613 h, 56 m ago

Without having access to a microscope (and excluding those microscopic bed …Without having access to a microscope (and excluding those microscopic bed bugs and mites that live naturally in peoples homes and on their bodies) I don't have any other household pest. About a year or more ago I did pull out some bedding from the airing cupboard and noticed a silverfish so I immediately emptied the airing cupboard, washed all the items stored there on a hot wash and aired them outside. Left the airing cupboard empty for a few days, vacuumed it, used a high pressure steam generator/cleaner, left it to dry out over a few more days, vacuumed again then re-used the cupboard for the original purpose. I haven't seen another silverfish since Suppose according to OllieSt I have psychotic tendencies to torture animals with excessive force?#OllieSttheSJW4InsectsIf I did "Pop them in an envelope and send them" and they arrived squished would you accept responsibility for asking me to use an envelope or would you consider it's the fault of the postman/Royal Mail or would you, like OllieSt, once again blame me and start a petition/protestYet not portion any blame on the insect that entered my property without my consent for no good reason?Are we humans not allowed, by law, to defend our property and use reasonable force to protect the same?Define "reasonable force" as mentioned in the law pleaseAnd no......more of the nagging wife bit[Video]

Hey, I have the handle on psychotic. It's in the name!

Strange about silver fish, they usually like a damp atmosphere. Did you check there wasn't a leak in the cistern?

I will accept full responsibility for the safe transit of any arachnids sent to my new spider sanctuary, and will provide you with appropriate transportation devices (aka Tupperware) if required.

How do you know the insects did not ask consent to enter your abode and without good reason? Con you speak spider? It getting cold outside would seem like good enough reason. The defending your property against them sounds a bit Donald trump to me. You'll be joining the NRA next !

psychobitchfromhell58 m ago

Hey, I have the handle on psychotic. It's in the name! Strange about …Hey, I have the handle on psychotic. It's in the name! Strange about silver fish, they usually like a damp atmosphere. Did you check there wasn't a leak in the cistern? I will accept full responsibility for the safe transit of any arachnids sent to my new spider sanctuary, and will provide you with appropriate transportation devices (aka Tupperware) if required. How do you know the insects did not ask consent to enter your abode and without good reason? Con you speak spider? It getting cold outside would seem like good enough reason. The defending your property against them sounds a bit Donald trump to me. You'll be joining the NRA next !

I don't need guns

32249698-3cYJ6.jpg

I can't speak spider but I look them square in the eyes and tell them they have 30 secs to get out and then if they ignore me
32249698-JlWSv.jpg

ps You are still nagging......pfffft
Edited by: "philphil61" 14th Oct 2017

philphil6110 m ago

I don't need guns [Image] I can't speak spider but I look them square in …I don't need guns [Image] I can't speak spider but I look them square in the eyes and tell them they have 30 secs to get out and then if they ignore me[Image] ps You are still nagging......pfffft

How do you look them square in all eight eyes at once?

I am good at nagging, ask my son. There has to be some payback for being a parent. Precious little else to recommend it. As for nagging wife, ain't no one around who can contradict me when in day I was the perfect wife.

psychobitchfromhell14 h, 2 m ago

How do you look them square in all eight eyes at once? I am good at …How do you look them square in all eight eyes at once? I am good at nagging, ask my son. There has to be some payback for being a parent. Precious little else to recommend it. As for nagging wife, ain't no one around who can contradict me when in day I was the perfect wife.

How do you look a human square in the eyes? They only have two but you cannot look at both at the same time

Even when you are nose to nose you cannot focus on both eyes at the same time

Every woman I've met has been good at nagging, it must be a genetic/evolutionary thing

My late wife was the perfect wife but she nagged when she wanted something

Us men, most of the educated/wise/experienced ones, don't mind a nagging wife. We have, by being so educated/wise/experienced, gained control of the inbuilt ability to turn on the auto mute nagging wife switch

Those men who have not gained full control of the auto mute nagging wife switch can be identified when they reply "Yes dear"

philphil6140 m ago

How do you look a human square in the eyes? They only have two but you …How do you look a human square in the eyes? They only have two but you cannot look at both at the same timeEven when you are nose to nose you cannot focus on both eyes at the same timeEvery woman I've met has been good at nagging, it must be a genetic/evolutionary thing My late wife was the perfect wife but she nagged when she wanted something Us men, most of the educated/wise/experienced ones, don't mind a nagging wife. We have, by being so educated/wise/experienced, gained control of the inbuilt ability to turn on the auto mute nagging wife switch Those men who have not gained full control of the auto mute nagging wife switch can be identified when they reply "Yes dear"

It isn't nagging, it is encouraging you to follow the correct course of action
Edited by: "psychobitchfromhell" 14th Oct 2017

philphil6113th Oct

No bother???Then why have they entered my home without my consent?Please …No bother???Then why have they entered my home without my consent?Please tell me what sort of response you'd give if a nice, say 4" wide spider crept over your face whilst you was sleeping and entered your mouth - just for the fun of itOr it made a nice sticky web across your stairs so that when you went down the stairs you get covered?Or it laid 100's of babies?I don't mind them outside... they can do what they want and live a happy life...better than the slugs get. I won't torture a spider outside like I do a slug but it has no business in my homeAndWould you rather it have a quick death rather than slowly starving to death?

I wouldn't need to give a response it would just not happen
don't believe everything you read on the internet

nobody likes walking into spiderwebs but no harm done(apart from to the spider who built it)
so just get a grip man
Edited by: "Wongy110" 14th Oct 2017

When I go into the garden on a morning there are lots of spiders webs and I walked through a few and it doesn't bother me. Not scared of mice or a rats either

the lesson we should all take on board is to wear steel toe capped safety boots at all times... even in bed

Dark.Energy24 m ago

the lesson we should all take on board is to wear steel toe capped safety …the lesson we should all take on board is to wear steel toe capped safety boots at all times... even in bed

Plays havoc with the sheets though

summerof761 h, 28 m ago

When I go into the garden on a morning there are lots of spiders webs and …When I go into the garden on a morning there are lots of spiders webs and I walked through a few and it doesn't bother me. Not scared of mice or a rats either

People have terrible risk assessment abilities
rats are scary so are mice,slugs,snails... if you think about
spiders barely register
Post a comment
@
    Text