Banggood banned?

Posted 19th Sep
Trying to post a deal from banggood but says merchant is banned? Since when and why did this happen?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
ganon19/09/2019 23:30

Gesrbest deals are posted pretty much daily and not banned. They probably …Gesrbest deals are posted pretty much daily and not banned. They probably paying hukd I guess.

I think Gearbest, EGlobal Central and Ali Express were the only ones to escape the long overdue cull . A couple of years ago dozens of deals every day were from Chinese sellers leading to hundreds of complaints .

There are obvious reasons why these sites "appear" cheap at first sight :- Import Duties ,VAT , no customer service , inability to return or get a refund (to mention just a few ) .

I argued long and hard on here to get these sites banned as they particularly appealed to the more vulnerable members (who incorrectly assumed they were somehow "approved by HUKD " by being allowed on the site .

The "counter argument" by those who disagreed with my argument was "Buyer beware " . Fair enough for those who can afford the "gamble" - but maybe not for those (and there were many ! ) who were tempted to max out their credit card to buy that "amazing" gift or Xmas present . Fine until it went pear shaped as is often the case .

I'm sure those who are happy to take the gamble can still find these websites and take the risk - whereas it maybe helps our less "savvy" members to not have these glossy cheap phone , Ipad , computer deals etc filling the HUKD pages every day .

But to answer your question . All Chinese sites were banned from HUKD (there is a clue in the name ) from the site's inception till about 2017 when the floodgates opened . Most have now been rebanned since early this year and I will shed no tears if the few remaining sites are also banned . .
Edited by: "rogparki" 20th Sep
18 Comments
Usually self promotion.
Edited by: "eslick" 19th Sep
I ordered a nuclear power station from them & it's taking for ever.
Not before time. All Chinese sellers should be banned.
ganon19/09/2019 22:49

How?

You know they are a Chinese website ? Or were, you too, misled into believing they were a reputable business ?

I refer you back to a previous reply by HUKD to a similar question referring to a number of Chinese websites .

"We have banned these sellers due to the unprecedented number of complaints from our members , re undelivered goods , non existent customer service, inability to claim refunds etc " . Can't remember the whole spiel but if you are interested I'm sure you can find the HUKD reply .

At last HUKD is looking after members interests and have saved you and anyone foolish enough to order from your "Deal" much frustration and financial loss .
deleted90213919/09/2019 23:24

You know they are a Chinese website ? Or were, you too, misled into …You know they are a Chinese website ? Or were, you too, misled into believing they were a reputable business ?I refer you back to a previous reply by HUKD to a similar question referring to a number of Chinese websites ."We have banned these sellers due to the unprecedented number of complaints from our members , re undelivered goods , non existent customer service, inability to claim refunds etc " . Can't remember the whole spiel but if you are interested I'm sure you can find the HUKD reply .At last HUKD is looking after members interests and have saved you and anyone foolish enough to order from your "Deal" much frustration and financial loss .

Gesrbest deals are posted pretty much daily and not banned. They probably paying hukd I guess.
ganon19/09/2019 23:30

Gesrbest deals are posted pretty much daily and not banned. They probably …Gesrbest deals are posted pretty much daily and not banned. They probably paying hukd I guess.

I think Gearbest, EGlobal Central and Ali Express were the only ones to escape the long overdue cull . A couple of years ago dozens of deals every day were from Chinese sellers leading to hundreds of complaints .

There are obvious reasons why these sites "appear" cheap at first sight :- Import Duties ,VAT , no customer service , inability to return or get a refund (to mention just a few ) .

I argued long and hard on here to get these sites banned as they particularly appealed to the more vulnerable members (who incorrectly assumed they were somehow "approved by HUKD " by being allowed on the site .

The "counter argument" by those who disagreed with my argument was "Buyer beware " . Fair enough for those who can afford the "gamble" - but maybe not for those (and there were many ! ) who were tempted to max out their credit card to buy that "amazing" gift or Xmas present . Fine until it went pear shaped as is often the case .

I'm sure those who are happy to take the gamble can still find these websites and take the risk - whereas it maybe helps our less "savvy" members to not have these glossy cheap phone , Ipad , computer deals etc filling the HUKD pages every day .

But to answer your question . All Chinese sites were banned from HUKD (there is a clue in the name ) from the site's inception till about 2017 when the floodgates opened . Most have now been rebanned since early this year and I will shed no tears if the few remaining sites are also banned . .
Edited by: "rogparki" 20th Sep
Couldn't agree more. Banggood has become one of the worst Chinese to deal with. They advertise products they don't have in stock, provide processing times which they fail to adhere to and shipping tends to be hit and miss. And it's customer service is dreadful.

They use to be good but now are just pitiful.
uk3g20/09/2019 03:28

...They advertise products they don't have in stock, provide processing …...They advertise products they don't have in stock, provide processing times which they fail to adhere to and shipping tends to be hit and miss. And it's customer service is dreadful. They use to be good but now are just pitiful.

Just like The Hut Group (in my experience).

How?

They pay users to promote on here, or have their own people that post. Over the years there have been many bans for it, Amazon were the biggest I remember, carparts4less still banned but their sister company allowed to post, homebase the most recent, banned for and then loads of deals even by the site.

How?

I wouldn't know if Bangood have ever done it, but I've read posts on some of the Chinese sites inviting customers to register their usernames on popular sites so that they could earn incentives for posting their products and get around referral link bans.
eslick19/09/2019 22:22

Usually self promotion.

I'd guess another good reason might be if they have broken an agreement on paying commission?
melted20/09/2019 11:51

I'd guess another good reason might be if they have broken an agreement on …I'd guess another good reason might be if they have broken an agreement on paying commission?

The tradetracker agreement is still active, so no.
deleted90213920/09/2019 00:08

But to answer your question . All Chinese sites were banned from HUKD …But to answer your question . All Chinese sites were banned from HUKD (there is a clue in the name ) from the site's inception till about 2017 when the floodgates opened . Most have now been rebanned since early this year and I will shed no tears if the few remaining sites are also banned . .

I thought Dealextreme deals used to be allowed.

I'd prefer Chinese sites not to be banned, as they are not always bad and you can get some bargains, but I think there should be a very clear warning banner above the deal listing warning that the item may be subject to customs duties and vat, or even seizure if not CE compliant, may be unsafe or electrically dangerous, may contain toxic chemicals etc and not to expect UK level consumer protection.
Edited by: "melted" 20th Sep
melted20/09/2019 12:12

may be unsafe or electrically dangerous, may contain toxic chemicals etc …may be unsafe or electrically dangerous, may contain toxic chemicals etc and not to expect UK level consumer protection.

So remind me, why do we want them on HUKD?
deeky20/09/2019 12:32

So remind me, why do we want them on HUKD?

Because they are not always bad and you can get some bargains.

Most of the stuff I buy from chinese sellers is under £15, so not subject to customs fees, and I'm selective about what I buy or would post on here.
melted20/09/2019 13:00

Because they are not always bad and you can get some bargains. Most of …Because they are not always bad and you can get some bargains. Most of the stuff I buy from chinese sellers is under £15, so not subject to customs fees, and I'm selective about what I buy or would post on here.

Not always bad? That's very comforting.
deeky20/09/2019 13:02

Not always bad? That's very comforting.

Well, they don't pay me commission!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants