Groups

Banggood payment question

I'm thinking of buying a phone off Banggood (it's £50 cheaper than elsewhere) and am wondering if I'm covered if anything goes wrong i.e. It gets lost or damaged in the post. I'm aware it'd be a pain to send back if it's faulty. I'd be paying via PayPal.

7 Comments

if it doesn't arrive just claim off PayPal, I'm sure someone will be along to tell you about damaged in transit.

shadey12

if it doesn't arrive just claim off PayPal, I'm sure someone will be … if it doesn't arrive just claim off PayPal, I'm sure someone will be along to tell you about damaged in transit.

Nah. If over £100, the buyer should make a genuine effort to consider paying directly using UK credit to benefit from UK Section75 protection where the UK credit provider is legally obliged to assume joint and several responsibility for the retailer obligations. No trickery required, just ensure that any one single purchased item is over £100 and there is a visible and unquestionable debtor-creditor-supplier arrangement. Meet these conditions and the UK-based credit provider effectively becomes the retailer (so must service warranty claims etc). Easy-read S75 interpretation explained here: moneysavingexpert.com/sho…ses

waynester21

I'm thinking of buying a phone off Banggood (it's £50 cheaper than … I'm thinking of buying a phone off Banggood (it's £50 cheaper than elsewhere) and am wondering if I'm covered if anything goes wrong i.e. It gets lost or damaged in the post. I'm aware it'd be a pain to send back if it's faulty. I'd be paying via PayPal.

Consider funding directly via UK credit if possible, to benefit from S75 protection as identified in previous post, including not having to send it back to Banggood if faulty.

AndyRoyd

Nah. If over £100, the buyer should make a genuine effort to consider … Nah. If over £100, the buyer should make a genuine effort to consider paying directly using UK credit to benefit from UK Section75 protection where the UK credit provider is legally obliged to assume joint and several responsibility for the retailer obligations. No trickery required, just ensure that any one single purchased item is over £100 and there is a visible and unquestionable debtor-creditor-supplier arrangement. Meet these conditions and the UK-based credit provider effectively becomes the retailer (so must service warranty claims etc). Easy-read S75 interpretation explained here: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases

And why "Nah" exactly? I've yet to be in a position where PayPal haven't protected me, I'd much rather go with PayPal than take out credit though.

M0nk3h

And why "Nah" exactly? I've yet to be in a position where PayPal haven't … And why "Nah" exactly? I've yet to be in a position where PayPal haven't protected me, I'd much rather go with PayPal than take out credit though.

Whatever protection is afforded by Paypal ceases after 180days, plus in the case of foreign transactions there is always the perceived difficulty / cost / time / trust factor with foreign returns. S75 obliges the UK-based credit provider (typically: credit card company) to assume the responsibility of the retailer, so for example if the retailer offers 2years warranty, that is what the UK credit provider is obliged to provide, without any of the foreign negatives. Obviously it's the buyer's choice to decide which best suits, but same warranty period as offered by retailer and UK-based via S75 is difficult to decline if a purchase option via direct UK credit is available.

Original Poster

Thanks everyone. I don't have a credit card unfortunately, only a debit card.

waynester21

Thanks everyone. I don't have a credit card unfortunately, only a debit … Thanks everyone. I don't have a credit card unfortunately, only a debit card.

(_;) hotukdeals.com/dea…970
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. love affairs12
      2. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers23
      3. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie21
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767197

See more discussions