Groups
    EXPIRED

Bank Account for 15/16 year old?

Can anyone recommend a bank account for a 15 almost 16 year old. Preferrably with a debit card/cash withdrawal card.

He is a student so wont be earning a salary

Many Thanks

14 Comments

Barclays, i got that one when i was 14.

Despite never using.

I believe Alliance & Leicester do an account with a cash card for under 18s

go for a bank that offers visa electron or something than can be upgraded, eg under 19's account with lloyds tsb.
    and sign up to the text alert services free to get alerts on the balance

or something like the rbs royalties or something else like that

Original Poster

Wow, thanks so much to you all x

Banned

my daughter is with nationwide, she only has a cash card, but at 16 thats all she needs

Original Poster

Had a quick look and Alliance and Leicester offer £45 through Quidco for new accounts so think I will wait a couple of weeks and sign him up to that one.

Thanks so much for all your help x

No love for Nastywest? I joined them as a youngster as they had the nicest building lol.

abit late to the scene, but natwest have been brilliant for me (adapt account). comes with a visa debit card, you get online banking (at 16 i think). load of stuff online to set-up - saving goals, free text alerts for payments/ dropping under a certain amount. never had a problem.

MBeeching;8810182

No love for Nastywest? I joined them as a youngster as they had the … No love for Nastywest? I joined them as a youngster as they had the nicest building lol.

lol. I went with Natwest when I was about 13 because they gave you 50 quids worth of tokens to spend in HMV when you signed up. I think I bought Micro Machines for Megadrive with it. I've been with them ever since! lol

Going by the OP's avatar, I'm guessing she is in Scotland. If so, NatWest is not a good option as there is only one branch for example in the whole of Glasgow and surrounding areas. Even though one doesn't often need to go into the branch, it;s still not much good.

I'm with Santander. 3% for 11-15 year olds. Unsure what 16-18 is however. Been with them for 2 years this August. Brilliant service in branch and a brilliant interest rate to boot! Only bad thing is, if they are going to have more than £500 the interest drops to 0.1%.

Original Poster

therealslimkaty;8814170

Going by the OP's avatar, I'm guessing she is in Scotland. If so, NatWest … Going by the OP's avatar, I'm guessing she is in Scotland. If so, NatWest is not a good option as there is only one branch for example in the whole of Glasgow and surrounding areas. Even though one doesn't often need to go into the branch, it;s still not much good.

My avatar is a picture of my son wearing his club colours. We live in Newcastle upon Tyne!

misfire22;8815435

My avatar is a picture of my son wearing his club colours. We live in … My avatar is a picture of my son wearing his club colours. We live in Newcastle upon Tyne!

Oh! hahahahaha :oops:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 34 inch Ultrawide Monitor Suggestions11
      2. Buying crypto currencies11
      3. What laptop?22
      4. Any good deals going for skyrim on xbox one?24

See more discussions