Groups

Bank Account Help!

Can anyone recommend me a bank account

I would like the following:

Able to set up direct debits and standing orders
    Benefits - mobile phone cover, travel insurance etc. would be willing to pay monthly fee for this!
    Overdraft (not essential)

Few problems - never done this before, can you do it online or do you need to go in as i work 8.30am-5pm and would also struggle to make it at weekends so dont want to take a day off just to get a new account!
    Also, a lot of accounts need you to be paying in £1000 a month and i dont earn that much!!

As you can probably tell I am new to this and am still using my link card!!
    Now 19 so really need to get a decent one, its getting quite embarrasing using my mums card all the time!

8 Comments

Original Poster

p.s. thanks in advance

Banned

smilemore has been acknowledged as 'the number one packaged account' by Money Mail, June 2009

smilemore current account is packed with tons of top money-saving benefits. Make full use of this account and you could save over £700 a year.

For just £13 a month, you could enjoy all this:

* 0.12% AER* interest paid on your entire credit balance
    * worldwide family travel insurance provided by AXA Travel Insurance
    * mobile phone insurance provided by Lifestyle Services Group Limited and insured by London General Insurance Company Limited
    * UK and European motor breakdown assistance provided by AXA Assistance
    * an automatic £500 fee-free overdraft, the first £260 of which is interest free
    * exclusive no application fee 3yr Tracker mortgage - plus for remortgage cases, no standard legal fees or basic valuation fees when you use our recommended surveyors or solicitors
    * 20% discount on entry to over 200 fantastic leisure attractions across the UK, with your smilemore smartsave discount card.
    * 20% off home insurance through The Co-operative Insurance
    * free legal advice from The Co-operative Legal Services helpline.

Plus you can shape your own account by choosing one of three benefit bundles provided by Lifestyle Services Group and insured by London General Insurance Company:

* Safeguard - protecting your identity for everyday peace of mind
    * Traveller - a great range of travel related benefits
    * Gadget - cover for your portable technology and gadgets.

Cahoot account might work for you...i have it as a secondary account and use it only for paypal payments

No minimum amount to be paid in,visa debit card,overdraft and cheque book if needed,all set up and managed online within 2 weeks...

Another Smile vote here. 7 years with no problems.

i would advise you to avoid any account that requires a monthly charge - especially if your salary is modest. go to moneysavingexpert.com and read the current account comparison articles, they'll set you in very good stead.

i am with clydesdale bank, never had a problem with them. sure you can set up online, i pay £10 a month and get gadget insurance for 3 items, annual travel insurance for me and family, green flag breakdown cover, identity fraud protection and i think theres maybe one more thing but i cant remember! worth looking into!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a Free minion usb stick88
      2. Win a pair of running shoes up to the value of £100 with UKRunChat99
      3. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2324
      4. Win a two day trip to Greenwich with VisitLondon22

See more discussions