Groups

Bank Account - Not for profit organisation

Hello,

I'm trying to find a bank account for a not for profit organisation I am a member of. Really struggling to find the best option!

Anyone got any help, or any bank accounts they could recommend? I've heard Abbey/Santander do a good one, but I can't find it for the life of me!

12 Comments

Go for Santander....if you go via Quidco you can make £100 cashback profit :thumbsup: lol...........

Original Poster

Need to be for a club though, not just a personal account. Which is a shame.

we've got a community group bank account with yorkshire bank

Banned

The co-op are very ethical don't know anything about their accounts though.

I heard that co-op are an ethical bank.

Original Poster

My problem is that I know these places do the accounts, but I can't find any information on the websites to tell me about them and the charges!

Banned

highguyuk;8168626

My problem is that I know these places do the accounts, but I can't find … My problem is that I know these places do the accounts, but I can't find any information on the websites to tell me about them and the charges!

co-operativebank.co.uk/ser…ter

I was in a similar position to yourself the best bet is to arrange meetings with a selection of banks and see what they can offer you as its really dependent on your organisations individual needs. Is this a new charity which is being set up or an existing one?

Original Poster

DLM;8168665

http://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/servlet/Satellite/1193206368227,CFSweb/Page/Bank-CurrentAccounts?WT.svl=footer

Thanks, but aren't those just standard accounts?

Banned

highguyuk;8168683

Thanks, but aren't those just standard accounts?

Like fairy works says you are best of contacting them personally.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Original Poster

fairyworks;8168668

I was in a similar position to yourself the best bet is to arrange … I was in a similar position to yourself the best bet is to arrange meetings with a selection of banks and see what they can offer you as its really dependent on your organisations individual needs. Is this a new charity which is being set up or an existing one?

It's not a charity at all. It's a university group my OH is involved. Over the next 3 years they are working towards a project a need to raise funds/etc towards it, quite a lot of money involved - potentially up to 50k.

highguyuk;8168699

It's not a charity at all. It's a university group my OH is involved. … It's not a charity at all. It's a university group my OH is involved. Over the next 3 years they are working towards a project a need to raise funds/etc towards it, quite a lot of money involved - potentially up to 50k.

ultimately its a competing market and I would recommend you contact a selection of banks and arrange meetings to discuss your project and its requirements to assess what is on offer and best meets your needs. Although our funding was significantly higher than your projected Projects funding, the same principals stand. it certainly paid dividends for us!:)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944507
      2. What would be HELL to you?2530
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767337
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.55

See more discussions