Groups
    EXPIRED

Bank of England cut interest rates to 1%

Some more good news ?

Or is this not working ?

news.bbc.co.uk/1/h…stm

20 Comments

Original Poster

Good news from me as I'm on a tracker mortgage.

choc1969;4291745

only if they pass it on.

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;4291748

only if they pass it on.

have received all of the cuts......there is no clause with my mortgage as I always check the fine print......that's the accountant in me :oops:

nice...

choc1969;4291745

Ditto:thumbsup:

Ace, great if the lenders pass on.

Banned

choc1969;4291745

remember - don't spend the extra money you will save... you will need it when they go back up again:whistling:

Really happy for all those that will benefit from this but with rates so low I wonder if it will make deflation more likely which will not be a good thing

choc1969;4291764

have received all of the cuts......there is no clause with my mortgage as … have received all of the cuts......there is no clause with my mortgage as I always check the fine print......that's the accountant in me :oops:

still upto the lender whether or not they choose to pass further cuts on, as is the case in nationwide and another (who I cant remember name of)

Original Poster

goldmax;4291837

remember - don't spend the extra money you will save... you will need it … remember - don't spend the extra money you will save... you will need it when they go back up again:whistling:

I have it saved up to pay another lump sum at the end of the year....so when rates start to go up my mortgage capital has been significantly reduced ;-)

Original Poster

MinstrelMan;4291856

still upto the lender whether or not they choose to pass further cuts on, … still upto the lender whether or not they choose to pass further cuts on, as is the case in nationwide and another (who I cant remember name of)

I'm with Halifax.......all cuts passed on the next month.....no get out clause for them....

MinstrelMan;4291856

still upto the lender whether or not they choose to pass further cuts on, … still upto the lender whether or not they choose to pass further cuts on, as is the case in nationwide and another (who I cant remember name of)

Mine tracks at 0.79% above base rate for the life of the mortgage with no collar and the cut is with immediate effect rather than having to wait up to 6 weeks with some of the other providers.
    Bring on ZERO % !!!:thumbsup::-D

Not going to make a difference to the housing market until the lenders start actually lending.

On a Lifetime Tracker 0.75% above the base rate with no minumum base rate.

I am now overpaying on the mortgage to get it paid off as quickly as possible.

Long may it continue.

moneysupermarket.com/c/n…UR6

I don't think it solves anything. As Choc said, they (and others) will hoard the saving they make and repay principle with that money, that doesn't help the economy. So a bit of a smoke and mirrors game imho.

It might be good news for folk with mortgages ,but what about the savers .
    It was the mortgage deals that got us into the 'credit crunch ' in the first place and were suffering the consequences .

I'm a first time buyer, my offer has been accepted but I'm stuck - I havent got a mortgage yet!!! Which mortgage shall I go for?

I want fixed and the best deal I've seen is Fixed 2.29% until 30/04/2010, then 3.79% for 286 months (3.8% APR) with Woolwich and £995 fee.

Any advice is more than welcome :-) Thanks

ricko;4294599

It might be good news for folk with mortgages ,but what about the savers … It might be good news for folk with mortgages ,but what about the savers . It was the mortgage deals that got us into the 'credit crunch ' in the first place and were suffering the consequences .

Well 4 months ago I was getting £150 a month interest, now its dropped to £40. Probably be £20 next month:roll:

[email protected]%.

I feel sorry for all the fixed rate people at 5-7%. I will be happy to see my rate go to 3.5% or below in 3 months time.

Saving rates have taken a bashing. Most current account pay 0.1% interest rates. Some used to pay 10-5%. 99% drop for some.

Saving rates are worse. from 5-6% to 1.25-3%. Yorkshire Building Society seem to have a good savings rate. 3.25%?

[url]www.ybs.co.uk[/url]. Thats your deal.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News1630
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …2441
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread415514092
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764474

See more discussions