bank or independent financial adviser?

Posted 3rd Jun 2020
we want to see how much we can get to start looking for a new house. are we better off going to a bank or a independent financial advisor? I'm self employed so don't know if that matters
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
You can do that on most banks sites in under 5 mins.
Give London and Country a call. They do some mortgages which are exclusive to them. Worth a try for comparison to the usual websites and you can speak to a human!
I used habito to remortgage a few months back. They are an online broker/adviser who come recommended from MoneySavingExpert. Maybe worth a look?
use an online calculator, Nationwide has a pretty accurate one and takes into consideration a lot of information.
sanchez8203/06/2020 14:14

I used habito to remortgage a few months back. They are an online …I used habito to remortgage a few months back. They are an online broker/adviser who come recommended from MoneySavingExpert. Maybe worth a look?

100% recommend Habito, just got my mortgage through with them and they were seamless.
Comparison sites are a good place to start to give you a good idea then you can contact banks/building societies direct. You don't need an IFA or mortgage broker unless you are maybe self-employed or have poor credit history. They work on commission don't forget.
tallpete3303/06/2020 15:11

Comparison sites are a good place to start to give you a good idea then …Comparison sites are a good place to start to give you a good idea then you can contact banks/building societies direct. You don't need an IFA or mortgage broker unless you are maybe self-employed or have poor credit history. They work on commission don't forget.

Yes I'm self employed 🏻
Post a comment
@
    Text