Groups

Bank Transfer help?

Someone is trying to send money over to me they are with A&L
    They asked for a reference number and said they cant go ahead without it?

What would that be?

I have given name,sort code and account number. Never had this before
    Rep for helpers

8 Comments

IBAN reference maybe? Identifies your full account details etc

you only need an IBAn if you are sending to & from different countries (IBAN= international bank account number) as it is a combination of the banks details and yours. with A&L and some building societies you have to add a ref but the ref can be anything so your friend could just put "requested funds" "loan" etc. used to work in a bank & once had a guys add a ref of amsterdam hookers fund to a payment he sent to a mate just coz he knew it would show up on the statements at the other end and his mates wife would see it.

Original Poster

meandog101;7091992

IBAN reference maybe? Identifies your full account details etc

Thankyou, repped, given my role number think that may be it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Jimston;7092064

you only need an IBAn if you are sending to & from different countries … you only need an IBAn if you are sending to & from different countries (IBAN= international bank account number) as it is a combination of the banks details and yours. with A&L and some building societies you have to add a ref but the ref can be anything so your friend could just put "requested funds" "loan" etc. used to work in a bank & once had a guys add a ref of amsterdam hookers fund to a payment he sent to a mate just coz he knew it would show up on the statements at the other end and his mates wife would see it.

Ahhh I see, cheers thankyou Repped.

If it's the same as Barclays then it's just a number so that they and you have a reference to the transaction. For example if I send money from my account to my Hubby's it asks for a reference so I just put 'spending money' in the box.

I would agree with Nikki, I think it's just required so the recipient can identify it in their account.

Agree with others, its more so they can keep track of what they've spent their money on! Nothing required to be given from you.

Nikkisun;7092078

If it's the same as Barclays then it's just a number so that they and you … If it's the same as Barclays then it's just a number so that they and you have a reference to the transaction. For example if I send money from my account to my Hubby's it asks for a reference so I just put 'spending money' in the box.

correct
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861857
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4661379
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846149
      4. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?44

See more discussions