Bank Transfer help needed

Banned 9 replies
Found 13th Mar 2008
I have just sold a console on this forum and the buyer wants to use BT.

I need to know exactly what details I give, and what details I don't.

Thanks!

9 Comments

They need an account number and the sort code.The account number usually 8 numbers and sort code 6 and your full name.

No security details like Address/DOB or anything else that can identify you like passwords etc

They will also need to know which bank it is like Tsb etc also it is ok to give them your name.

Just name sort code, account number and branch is suffice, any more and you are revealing too much

PLEASE note, it takes 4/5 working days for the money to reach your account, even though the money leaves the payee account immediately.

Banned

Don't need to be your full name....can be anything as it's just a reference number...I contacted my old landlord via bank transfer. I sent him a load of messages using 1p transfers cheaper than text messaging him (he wouldn't answer his phone.

Went like this.
CONTACT ASAP 0.01p
BOILER BROKE 0.01p
WE'RE FREEZING 0.01p
TO DEATH SOS!!! 0.01p

lumoruk;1714727

Don't need to be your full name....can be anything as it's just a … Don't need to be your full name....can be anything as it's just a reference number...I contacted my old landlord via bank transfer. I sent him a load of messages using 1p transfers cheaper than text messaging him (he wouldn't answer his phone.Went like this.CONTACT ASAP 0.01pBOILER BROKE 0.01pWE'RE FREEZING 0.01pTO DEATH SOS!!! 0.01p

PMSL!!! :-D I hope you paid your old landlord 4p less in the next rental payment! :whistling:

lumoruk;1714727

Don't need to be your full name....can be anything as it's just a … Don't need to be your full name....can be anything as it's just a reference number...I contacted my old landlord via bank transfer. I sent him a load of messages using 1p transfers cheaper than text messaging him (he wouldn't answer his phone.Went like this.CONTACT ASAP 0.01pBOILER BROKE 0.01pWE'RE FREEZING 0.01pTO DEATH SOS!!! 0.01p

Extremely clever ! 10/10 deservedly repped :thumbsup:

Banned

hukdhunter;1716366

PMSL!!! :-D I hope you paid your old landlord 4p less in the next rental … PMSL!!! :-D I hope you paid your old landlord 4p less in the next rental payment! :whistling:

No it was something like £300 for Powergen to come fix the boiler and service it, we had held back 2 months rent prior to the messages so don't know which worked :thinking:

P.S. thanks for the rep!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I’m in dire need of a dash cam with remote viewing capability over 4G914
    2. Computer upgrades67
    3. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold77
    4. Any ideas for eye glare protection from computer screens?89

See more discussions