Bank with Natwest? Better check when your payment lands over the Bank Holiday Weekend

Found 28th Mar
Bank with Natwest? If you usually receive or make payments on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday, they won’t go into or out of your account until the Tuesday after Easter....

Not sure if this affects things with you like Direct Debits, credit card payments, online food shops etc but thought it was worth a shout

Reminder for this weekend: Payments due into and out of your account over the Easter bank holiday (30th - 31st March and 1st -2nd April) will be processed on Tuesday 3rd April.

This means if you usually receive or make payments on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday, they won’t go into or out of your account until the Tuesday after Easter.

Some employers and government agencies have made plans to pay salary and benefits earlier on Thursday 29th March. Please check with the payer to see if your payment will be made early.

Please make sure you have enough money in your account to last over the Easter weekend and to cover any payments that will go out of your account on Tuesday 3rd April. If you need our help, we’re available 24/7 here on Facebook, via our app or Online Banking.

For more information on weekend payments visit:natwest.com/wee…nts

2917031-gRZOg.jpg

Source facebook.com/Nat…ter
Community Updates
Top comments
I came here to read the "some people aren't happy comments" I see nothing?
This is in line with every other bank- don’t see what the big deal is?
Did I just get clickbaited here?
28 Comments
It’s the same with every bank it was made a legal requirement in January this year
I always thought they had to process on the day unless it falls on a bank holiday or weekend day in which case its processed the last working day before the break? If this causes bank charges, are Natwest liable?
So where are all the unhappy people at?
This is in line with every other bank- don’t see what the big deal is?
Did I just get clickbaited here?
furiousjammin2 m ago

I always thought they had to process on the day unless it falls on a bank …I always thought they had to process on the day unless it falls on a bank holiday or weekend day in which case its processed the last working day before the break? If this causes bank charges, are Natwest liable?

I doubt it. They've made people aware for a few months tbh. I bank with them and had notifications last year
Well my wages are usually in on a Friday, so I'm hoping to god they do process early as I've ****loads of Easter eggs to get yet
Edited by moderator: "removed swear word" 28th Mar
Their page offering an explanation is horrendous.

"All regular payments that you expect to make on a Monday will no longer show on your account on Saturday. Instead if you are due to pay a Direct Debit or Standing Order on a Monday, it will show and leave your account on the Monday (or next working day after a Bank Holiday)."
tunrip2 m ago

Their page offering an explanation is horrendous."All regular payments …Their page offering an explanation is horrendous."All regular payments that you expect to make on a Monday will no longer show on your account on Saturday. Instead if you are due to pay a Direct Debit or Standing Order on a Monday, it will show and leave your account on the Monday (or next working day after a Bank Holiday)."

Makes sense to me.
RossD891 m ago

Makes sense to me.

Shouldn't something be Saturday? Surely if it was due on Monday it would always have been due on Monday?
"if you are due to pay a Direct Debit or Standing Order on a Monday, it will show and leave your account on the Monday"
tunrip3 m ago

Shouldn't something be Saturday? Surely if it was due on Monday it would …Shouldn't something be Saturday? Surely if it was due on Monday it would always have been due on Monday?"if you are due to pay a Direct Debit or Standing Order on a Monday, it will show and leave your account on the Monday"

Have you never checked your account at the weekend and noticed a payment showing for a direct debit that is due on the Monday?
furiousjammin21 m ago

I always thought they had to process on the day unless it falls on a bank …I always thought they had to process on the day unless it falls on a bank holiday or weekend day in which case its processed the last working day before the break? If this causes bank charges, are Natwest liable?

How will any bank charges accrue if all payments AND deposits go out on the Tuesday? I could understand your point if only deposits were being delayed. I assume cashpoint / debit card withdrawals will also be delayed.
Edited by: "chocci" 28th Mar
My account (Santander) has been like this for at least 4 years... DD always paid the day after a BH or on the Monday if it falls on a weekend. Payments due always have gone in early if the sale applies

never had any issue with companies waiting to paid either as it shows their end the payment is being pai
Edited by: "ed1980" 28th Mar
RossD899 m ago

Have you never checked your account at the weekend and noticed a payment …Have you never checked your account at the weekend and noticed a payment showing for a direct debit that is due on the Monday?

Oki doke, fair enough
us_agent201231 m ago

Click bait, I did the same, Hukd editors really annoying me.
us_agent201243 m ago

I was expecting them here too, but I think HUKD Mods are on about the 20-odd angry faces on Facebook

facebook.com/Nat…632
Edited by: "LadyAdy" 28th Mar
jammie82uk1 h, 13 m ago

It’s the same with every bank it was made a legal requirement in January t …It’s the same with every bank it was made a legal requirement in January this year

What exactly is the legal requirement? The explanation from Natwest was terrible and suggested that because they wouldn't pre-auth payments if payments fell on a Monday I'd some how have more money to spend over the weekend.

It's bad enough that Natwest insist on taking their payments 2 days before payday every month 😄

The new changes won't impact me this month but April's pay day will now arrive on the 30th instead of the 28th.

More importantly Christmas payday will fall on NYE after the weekend instead of the 29th.
That's going to be the most annoying one.

I'm sure I'll get used to it.
It's called a bank holiday for a reason people! Let them enjoy their time off
In my experience, ALL BANKS have been like this for years!!! I know Natwest have recently stopped authorising Monday tasks on a Saturday (which really annoyed my other half)
Click bait.

Plus I expect most people who are angry about this just don’t understand it and have skim read it.

Plus plus can a Facebook reaction really be taken as meaning anything? I purposefully search out people who are posting about dead and lost pets just so I can Like their posts. Just kidding. But I might start...
This started in January not this weekend and they did it because people kept moaning when direct debits went on a Saturday that were due out Monday.
What they don't realise is it works both ways so people's wages who were due in on a Monday had them available to them on a Saturday!

I had no issue with this as whatever was due out on a Monday was always in there by the Saturday anyway but getting paid on a sat was great !

I've spoken to several Natwest staff members who said it's what people wanted as they complained all the time about their direct debits going out early so they've done something about it!
Are you that desperate for clickbait now ? Non story, it's been that way since January and all customers were informed. supportcentre.natwest.com/olb…htm
Dissatisfied_dad3 h, 25 m ago

Well my wages are usually in on a Friday, so I'm hoping to god they do …Well my wages are usually in on a Friday, so I'm hoping to god they do process early as I've ****loads of Easter eggs to get yet

It'll be down to your employer to process it for payment day before otherwise it'll be Tuesday when it shows.
Most employers will make sure it's in by Thursday.
All benefits due Friday or the Monday are being paid Thursday in case anyone is wondering!
I still don’t understand why they can’t go in/out on a bank holiday.Do they give the computers a day off too?
Edited by: "NeilHD" 28th Mar
NeilHD55 m ago

I still don’t understand why they can’t go in/out on a bank holiday.Do the …I still don’t understand why they can’t go in/out on a bank holiday.Do they give the computers a day off too?

Because, the total value of transactions going in and out throughout the day has to be closely monitored by experts, on Monday say Natwest made payments out totalling £250,000,000 but was only receiving payments in of £150,000,000 then Natwest would be short of funds by £100,000,000. They then have to go out to other banks and borrow the difference overnight. If the sums were reversed and they were up by £100,000,000 they would offer to lend out the money overnight.
Got my wages and they were due good Friday
Tash_Harrison2 h, 48 m ago

Got my wages and they were due good Friday

Me too so no worries here
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants