Groups

bankers reference - how do I get one?

title says it all -

anyone able to help?

22 Comments

Call the bank and ask to speak to a customer service advisor or manager?

contact your bank and ask for one?

you have to go to branch you opened your account and ask for it.,they will be able to give it as you bank with them.,

Original Poster

what happens if i have an online account ? how do i just go to any branch on high street ?

denandyas;7069941

what happens if i have an online account ? how do i just go to any branch … what happens if i have an online account ? how do i just go to any branch on high street ?

ring your bank and ask,they can advise you better on such an important matter than a load of randoms on the internet who will be just guessing at best

denandyas;7069941

what happens if i have an online account ? how do i just go to any branch … what happens if i have an online account ? how do i just go to any branch on high street ?

What bank are you with? x

denandyas;7069941

I'd be emailing them if that's the case.

Original Poster

abbey / santander

i shall email them / ring customer services again as when I did do this , the guy didn't know what I was on about !

denandyas;7069988

abbey / santanderi shall email them / ring customer services again as … abbey / santanderi shall email them / ring customer services again as when I did do this , the guy didn't know what I was on about !

you need someone a bit more clued up than the work experience boy they got answering the phone :-D

ask to arrange an interview to speak to a manager xxxx

Original Poster

ok so even though i have an online account at abbeys - i should just make an appoitment with the manager?

denandyas;7070163

ok so even though i have an online account at abbeys - i should just make … ok so even though i have an online account at abbeys - i should just make an appoitment with the manager?

Yes x

Original Poster

clarity do work in a bank ? what is the reference exactly ? is it a letter ? how quickly can i get it ?

denandyas;7070291

clarity do work in a bank ? what is the reference exactly ? is it a … clarity do work in a bank ? what is the reference exactly ? is it a letter ? how quickly can i get it ?

It's basically proof of who you say you are from your bank.

I'm assuming you need it for a tenancy agreement or something similar?

It's like a character reference but with money xxx

Banks usually charge a small fee for providing a bankers ref.

Don't work in a bank, is just common knowledge.

Original Poster

yes it's for a lease i'm taking out so your right there -
    no probs with paying the fee -
    there isnt even an option now to speak to someone on abbey helpline
    looks like i need to go in to abbey .....

denandyas;7070472

yes it's for a lease i'm taking out so your right there -no probs with … yes it's for a lease i'm taking out so your right there -no probs with paying the fee - there isnt even an option now to speak to someone on abbey helpline looks like i need to go in to abbey .....

I guess you don't have many character references then? Not had a lease before?

A bankers ref is generally asked for if you've not rented previously x

ClarityofMind;7070487

I guess you don't have many character references then? Not had a lease … I guess you don't have many character references then? Not had a lease before?A bankers ref is generally asked for if you've not rented previously x

Some landlords ask for them regardless.

When I needed one I just went to the counter and asked, they scrutinized my accounts for a miute.. then said no problem, charged me £10 and produced the (one line) letter while I waited.

JamesSmith;7073212

Some landlords ask for them regardless.When I needed one I just went to … Some landlords ask for them regardless.When I needed one I just went to the counter and asked, they scrutinized my accounts for a miute.. then said no problem, charged me £10 and produced the (one line) letter while I waited.

Sounds great :thumbsup:

OP will be pleased if it can be done that fast!

Original Poster

wow which bank gave it over the counter ? I have an issue that I have been transfering money from my barclays account to my abbey online accnt as abbey online has higher intrest rate - so in the barclays account there is near to nothing but i have a 10 year history with them , but the abbey has all the money , but i have a 8 month account with them - so who do i go to consideering that the abbey account is online , and ive been less time with them ?

i would be ecstatic if i could get it instantly - thanks clarity + james s

i think ill try both , but curious as to what bank JS went to - ta

Let us know how it goes and good luck xxxx

Original Poster

will do clarity many thanks 4 your help and everybody else who has contributed

denandyas;7076118

will do clarity many thanks 4 your help and everybody else who has … will do clarity many thanks 4 your help and everybody else who has contributed

you're always welcome hun xx

denandyas;7075837

wow which bank gave it over the counter ? I have an issue that I have … wow which bank gave it over the counter ? I have an issue that I have been transfering money from my barclays account to my abbey online accnt as abbey online has higher intrest rate - so in the barclays account there is near to nothing but i have a 10 year history with them , but the abbey has all the money , but i have a 8 month account with them - so who do i go to consideering that the abbey account is online , and ive been less time with them ?i would be ecstatic if i could get it instantly - thanks clarity + james si think ill try both , but curious as to what bank JS went to - ta

Hi there, it was a local branch of Lloyds TSB
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020
      2. Magazine competitions - Issue 38 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1313
      3. Tv choice magazine Issue 3911
      4. Win a Year's Supply of Tea, a Coffee Hamper & a Coffee Machine11

See more discussions