Groups

banksy exhibition parking

not been into bristol before but heading there now, thought we'd check out the exhibition, got the sat nav set to the museum but anyone got any suggestions of where to park? Parking will be one thing, finding the end of the queue will be another! Rep will be added (: have a good day!

12 Comments

Head to Cotham Brow or Kingsdown and park on the road, then a 10 minute walk to the four hour queue lol Near the Expo it's all metered parking

Original Poster

ah right will give that a try! thanks ! Got the umbrella ready for the showers!

the queue @ 7.30 when i ran past this morning was already mental!

i went there on tuesday and the chap told me it was a 5 hour que and it might be closed by the time we get to the front. not what we wanted, canne be doing with standing in a que for 5 hours. was pretty gutted, wanted to see it.

I've driven past 4 times in the last 2 weeks and the que was always well past the 3 hour point, good luck the weather in Bristol at the mo is terrible. I'll be starting work on my ark later. . .

Original Poster

back home now - found a cheap but very nice hotel in the Royal George just outisde chelts which saved us from queueing like hell to get home on friday due to the avonmouth bridge incident! went to greenbelt yesterday which was awesome too. Thanks to choc for the tip, it was worth the 4 hour wait. best plan would be to arrive at 6am with a seat, i wudnt mind waiting 3-4 hours for it to open if i knew i cud just sit in a seat and not have to edge forward now and again! but anyway, managed fine with the umbrella through the showers and enjoyed it all!

agentjont;6158930

back home now - found a cheap but very nice hotel in the Royal George … back home now - found a cheap but very nice hotel in the Royal George just outisde chelts which saved us from queueing like hell to get home on friday due to the avonmouth bridge incident! went to greenbelt yesterday which was awesome too. Thanks to choc for the tip, it was worth the 4 hour wait. best plan would be to arrive at 6am with a seat, i wudnt mind waiting 3-4 hours for it to open if i knew i cud just sit in a seat and not have to edge forward now and again! but anyway, managed fine with the umbrella through the showers and enjoyed it all!

glad you enjoyed, wish I'd gone but not a big fan of queuing lol and have seen all my mates pics

dt_matthews;6141579

the queue @ 7.30 when i ran past this morning was already mental!

you sure it was the que ? he might have painted them

Original Poster

i just couldnt believe after all my preparation i left my ipod in the car haha. nice to see some pieces on the street too while leaving bristol, will have to go back and explore another time!

agentjont;6159293

i just couldnt believe after all my preparation i left my ipod in the car … i just couldnt believe after all my preparation i left my ipod in the car haha. nice to see some pieces on the street too while leaving bristol, will have to go back and explore another time!

This will help, he's got loads in Bristol :thumbsup:

bristol-street-art.co.uk/map…art

Original Poster

brilliant! will save that now thanksss

choc1969;6159310

This will help, he's got loads in Bristol … This will help, he's got loads in Bristol :thumbsup:http://www.bristol-street-art.co.uk/map-of-bristol-street-art

great link, vive la Bristol ;-)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??22
      2. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      3. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510
      4. Three connection89

See more discussions