Banksy painting in Hull

Found 29th JanEdited by:"Cr0m"
Check out the Councillor John Abbott at the end of this video :

bbc.co.uk/new…ull
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
Conservative councillor John Abbott - Conservative says it all

He has an opinion on art which doesn't conform with the majority but he must be listened to and he must be right

IMHO there is a distinct difference between graffiti and street art Banksy falls into street art those that tag are graffiti vandals but you won't persuade John Abbott he thinks all art is on canvas and can only be afforded by the rich and/or donated to museums to be viewed by the poor.
To be fair street art is fleeting and when it's gone it's gone. The whole movement to preserve these to me takes some of the charm out of it.

Banksy is ok, I have seen better street art/murals.

Just seen it's been covered up;
google.co.uk/amp…amp
catbeans15 m ago

To be fair street art is fleeting and when it's gone it's gone. The whole …To be fair street art is fleeting and when it's gone it's gone. The whole movement to preserve these to me takes some of the charm out of it. Banksy is ok, I have seen better street art/murals. Just seen it's been covered up;https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/outrage-new-hull-banksy-covered-11930956.amp

I think that's old news

Some window cleaner and many others have attempted to clean off the "white wash" (either jealous tagger or Conservative supporter << not much difference)

It now has a protective membrane over it but what is the point of a "security fence" that is so easy to bypass
I hadn't heard someone say all graffiti is vandalism in many years, made me laugh.
Whatever he paints is worth dolla dolla bills y'all, it would be crazy to clean it off.
Covered already-- such a shame
bbc.co.uk/new…424

Hull window cleaner saves defaced Banksy mural

Hull City Council (Labour controlled and not by a Tory wet wipe who thinks he'll gain political points by being different) said the protective layer has been added "to prevent further damage".
Cr0m29th Jan

I hadn't heard someone say all graffiti is vandalism in many years, made …I hadn't heard someone say all graffiti is vandalism in many years, made me laugh. Whatever he paints is worth dolla dolla bills y'all, it would be crazy to clean it off.

Vandalism
“action involving deliberate destruction of or damage to public or private property”

If it ain’t your property you kind of have no right !
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants