Groups

Bannatyne cancel membership

Hi all,

I had a 12 month contract with Bannatynes which expired just now. I payed the whole amount in advance. They sent me a letter explaining that I should contact them to talk about my contract extension options. I am wondering if I still need to cancel the contract explicitly
    or if my contract with Bannytnes is settled now. As I have not set up a direct debit I assume they cant just take more money from my account?

Any ideas how best to proceed?

Many thanks,

PS.: Is says on their writing: Your membership is due to renewal on 15/1/ and if you pay annually then bla bla.
    Doesnt this mean it has expired if I do not do anything?

22 Comments

Banned

Do nothing.

Banned

Read original contract?

I imagine there is one month notice to cancel clause.

Doesn't it make a lot more sense just to give them a phonecall to be sure?

sis-in-law was with them on the same 12 month thing and i am sure she had to give a months notice?

what you shoulda done is cancel it one month before the 12month was up...

dxx

Doesn't it make a lot more sense just to give them a phonecall to be sure?

NO! This is the misc I tell ya...

Banned

DLM

Do nothing.

Thats your advice for life isn't it? And employment....

Banned

vibeone

Thats your advice for life isn't it? And employment....

Such an inspiration to her children...

master_chief

Such an inspiration to her children...

Chickens..?

Banned

krazie2004

Chickens..?

LOL. Closest she's gonna get.

You have to give 3 months notice at Bannatyne's, then I think it goes to a 1 month rolling. Either way its the usual dodgy tactics of gym's. One I go to now accepts cash every month upfront which is the correct way of operating
    Edited by: "super_leeds_86" 18th Jan 2011

All you need to go is go to the reception and say I'M OUT

Banned

super_leeds_86

You have to give 3 months notice at Bannatyne's, then I think it goes to … You have to give 3 months notice at Bannatyne's, then I think it goes to a 1 month rolling. Either way its the usual dodgy tactics of gym's. One I go to now accepts cash every month upfront which is the correct way of operating

You're absolutely correct about the way gyms operate, they are a disgrace!
    Edited by: "master_chief" 18th Jan 2011

OP - come up with an invention....then apply to go on dragons den and ask Duncan Banatyne your self....simple!

super_leeds_86

You have to give 3 months notice at Bannatyne's, then I think it goes to … You have to give 3 months notice at Bannatyne's, then I think it goes to a 1 month rolling. Either way its the usual dodgy tactics of gym's. One I go to now accepts cash every month upfront which is the correct way of operating

Right, and what happens when you paid the cash in advance. I guess the do not have then a direct debit set up, so they need to sue you to get the money, is that right?

Any ideas how best to proceed?

Why not contact them, and report back if it sounds dodgy.
    This is what common sense would tell me to do.

dont leave it, they will carry on charging you, cancel asap

grubby23

Right, and what happens when you paid the cash in advance. I guess the do … Right, and what happens when you paid the cash in advance. I guess the do not have then a direct debit set up, so they need to sue you to get the money, is that right?

No the gym I go to now, not bannatyne's. Pay the cash have my card activated for the month and voila, now direct debits or anything.

bannatyne's operate on a policy of auto renewal, i.e its a 12 month minimum term, not a 12 month contract.

Thanks for all your comments. Anyone knows if the can increase now the membership fee that i have to pay monthly after the contract is up for renewal? Thanks for your feedback

well yes of course they can charge you whatever thier current prices are..... and depending on your terms in your original contract you might be placed on a rolling month contract etc which could be alot dearer than 12 month payment up front.... when you paid up front last year did you pay by credit card ? if you did then they can simply charge your credit card again...

as others say easiest way is just ring them
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73944512
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047126
      3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1024
      4. It is a Yorkshire pudding wrap.68

See more discussions