Groups

Banned from Box.bz any way back?

Hi guys, stupidly I got banned from the site for having a duff ratio, I just couldn't seem to get it back up because I was downloading unpopular shows.
    Is there anyway I can get back on the site? It always seems to say i'm banned even though i'm using a different email.

Thanks

17 Comments

Probably no way, they generally ip ban you (as they do here) so theres not much way round it

teambintip;5735771

Probably no way, they generally ip ban you (as they do here) so theres … Probably no way, they generally ip ban you (as they do here) so theres not much way round it

Thought it was impossible to ban an individual IP, it's normally an account banned or a "range" of IPs.

Delete the cookies from your web browser. Disconnect your internet connection to obtain a new IP. Sign up :thumbsup:

If you've got a static IP, you're screwed.

Banned

surely its relatively easy to change ur ip tho

casparwhite;5736080

Nope.

And just clearing cookies and rebooting your router won't do much either.

Most ISPs will give you the same IP address, even though it's via DHCP. It's a config option (on their side) that you can't do anything about.

casparwhite;5736080

If you can find a proxy they haven't banned (assuming you're stuck with a static IP). They've even banned the VPN service I use :lol:

Babbabooey;5736108

Nope. And just cleaing cookies and rebooting your router won't do much … Nope. And just cleaing cookies and rebooting your router won't do much either.Most ISPs will give you the same IP address, even though it's via DHCP. It's a config option (on their side) that you can't do anything about.

Works for me on BT. You must be doing it wrong

Banned

Babbabooey;5736108

Nope. And just cleaing cookies and rebooting your router won't do much … Nope. And just cleaing cookies and rebooting your router won't do much either.Most ISPs will give you the same IP address, even though it's via DHCP. It's a config option (on their side) that you can't do anything about.

and i take it these sites dont accept proxies?

try ringing ur isp ask for new ip?

Shengis;5736130

Works for me on BT. You must be doing it wrong

Then BT haven't set that option (yet) :thumbsup:

Babbabooey;5736140

Then BT haven't set that option (yet) :thumbsup:

Lease time might be a problem on other ISP's. It can be done though.

Btw, heres a quick and dirty solution that would probably work on lease time ISP's.... Get a second router. My thinking on this is that the lease is tied to the MAC of router 1, so router 2 is seen as a new user and so will be assigned a new IP. Not 100% sure if it would work or not but worth a try

If you do find your way back, here's an easy ratio tip: all soaps are ratio free to download on boxbz, so jump on them as soon as they are released and if you share it say twice, it's a free 700mbish to your ratio. Do that a few times a week and it's plain sailing :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Thanks guys, i'm with Virgin at the moment connected directly to the modem, not sure if that's a good thing regarding the IP situation.

dcx_badass;5737583

Virgin is a static IP, so in your case it's a bad thing.

Im with virgin & iv been able to change my ip address buy living it switched off over night & the following morning iv got a new ip

Original Poster

mrfun1981;5737958

Im with virgin & iv been able to change my ip address buy living it … Im with virgin & iv been able to change my ip address buy living it switched off over night & the following morning iv got a new ip

Cheers i'll give it a go.

dcx_badass;5737583

Virgin is a static IP, so in your case it's a bad thing.

Lol....

It varies, some people have static, some people have dynamic ip, it's the same on every single ISP in the entire world.

Banned

dcx_badass;5744425

No it isn't. Some ISPs do just static and some do just dynamic, it's upto … No it isn't. Some ISPs do just static and some do just dynamic, it's upto the ISP it's not just random magic. In my experience with Virgin when we had it for two years we had the same IP for the whole time.

+1 :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***620
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…1014
      3. What would be HELL to you?1819
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767291

See more discussions