Groups

Banned / Modded Xbox's

Why is the sale of Chipped/Modded/Flashed Xbox's allowed on here.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if modified, they become ineligable for warranty?

And surely modding an xbox is illegal? Or at least the old PS1's were back in the day, and its the same thing?

So why are people allowed to sell faulty/illegal goods on this forum?

Explain.

Thanks

Jason

9 Comments

Modifying an Xbox is fine, after all it belongs to you!
    If you mod an xbox while in warranty, then yes it will lose out of any outstanding warranty on it.

its only illegal if you play copies of games that you do not own.
    You can sell a modded xbox, however you cannot sell on copied games.

Original Poster

i see, just there no real good to anyone are they? I see more modded xbox's than normal ones.

jasonodell;6842787

i see, just there no real good to anyone are they? I see more modded … i see, just there no real good to anyone are they? I see more modded xbox's than normal ones.

Why arent they any good to anyone? Many people aren't bothered about xbox live so a banned console would suit them if they wanted to buy used as they go for a bit less and come pre modded. Some people use a modded console for back-ups and a non-modded for online play and just buy the few games they want to play online at retail.

its too allow poor people to have something they cannot afford, tru say otherwise they would buy it...end

i say bring more modded consoles on here ......i use them they are very good......think they should sell fully modded consoles already in the shops......

According to some threads I've read you can't sell anything that isn't retail so I agree. Stupidist thing I've seen is people not being allowed to sell XBL 1 month codes as they are not retail.

It's not illegal to modify a console that you own it just voids the warranty in most cases.

If you are talking Xbox 1 then most are used as media centres because modding them allowed for a program called XBMC that turned it into a media jukebox that could play pretty much anything.

xbmc are very good i use one ..........by all accounts they are very easy to modify...all info is on the net avforums xbox scene is also good for all the info that you need so get modding folks and enjoy....

123tylerjames;6847044

xbmc are very good i use one ..........by all accounts they are very easy … xbmc are very good i use one ..........by all accounts they are very easy to modify...all info is on the net avforums xbox scene is also good for all the info that you need so get modding folks and enjoy....

A memory stick formatted correctly with the right autoloader on it and a copy of splinter cell and a usb adaptor was all you needed for a softmod.

You would stick the memory stick in and access a special game save via Splinter cell and it would use an exploit to install a bunch of Homebrew including a filetransfer program that made installing XBMC a breeze.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Best VR games?22
      2. What to do?????23
      3. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55
      4. Good Sim only deals??611

See more discussions