Banned on ebay

Posted 13th Nov
how do Ebay know if u make a new account please? just want to know for reasearch please as I didnt do anything morally wrong, I got banned for being under the legal age
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
JumpMan198013/11/2019 17:18

I don’t get it

You ever seen a kid outside a shop asking if you can get them a packet of fags? This thread is the equivalent of that.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 13th Nov
Whys everyone jumping on OP's back? They are clearly trying to make their own way in life and make a living the honest way, if they have had nothing but positive feedback and lots of sales then good on them, I'd be proud if that was my kid doing that. They deserves respect not condemnation for what they are doing, theres lots of teens just loafing around with no direction in life this lad/lass clearly has ambitiononly for it to be thwarted by petty rules.
57 Comments
Banned for being under the legal age, lol, So what did you really get banned for?
Haircut_10013/11/2019 17:08

Banned for being under the legal age, lol, So what did you really get …Banned for being under the legal age, lol, So what did you really get banned for?

You have to be 18 to sell on ebay😬
deals6913/11/2019 17:08

You have to be 18 to sell on ebay😬

And how would anyone have known that you were not?
I don't remember ever saying this before, but.

Well Done, eBay.
Haircut_10013/11/2019 17:09

And how would anyone have known that you were not?

They needed id after 3 months of very successful selling and only positive feedback and they stopped all of my funds. I had no choice but to give it them knowing they do not allow under 18. I sent it them scribbling out the dob and passport number but they wanted to see it so I had to and they banned me
deals6913/11/2019 17:13

They needed id after 3 months of very successful selling and only positive …They needed id after 3 months of very successful selling and only positive feedback and they stopped all of my funds. I had no choice but to give it them knowing they do not allow under 18. I sent it them scribbling out the dob and passport number but they wanted to see it so I had to and they banned me

Ok, so here is what you need to do then to start selling again on eBay. You sit and wait until you turn 18.
Haircut_10013/11/2019 17:15

Ok, so here is what you need to do then to start selling again on eBay. …Ok, so here is what you need to do then to start selling again on eBay. You sit and wait until you turn 18.

Nahh I'd prefer to make money
I don’t get it
deals6913/11/2019 17:16

Nahh I'd prefer to make money

Then ask a parent to register on your behalf or go and sell on Gumtree. If Ebay terms and conditions state that you have to be over 18 to sell on there then I'm not sure what you want anyone here to do about it.
deals6913/11/2019 17:13

They needed id after 3 months of very successful selling and only positive …They needed id after 3 months of very successful selling and only positive feedback and they stopped all of my funds. I had no choice but to give it them knowing they do not allow under 18. I sent it them scribbling out the dob and passport number but they wanted to see it so I had to and they banned me

So even if you could make a new account, you would just suffer the same issue again.
JumpMan198013/11/2019 17:18

I don’t get it

You ever seen a kid outside a shop asking if you can get them a packet of fags? This thread is the equivalent of that.
I got banned few years back , no mater what they know , you have tracking cookies and all sorts of software linking your account to you .

In the end I got a new address new card and they let me back on after 4 years haha
Haircut_10013/11/2019 17:21

Then ask a parent to register on your behalf or go and sell on Gumtree. If …Then ask a parent to register on your behalf or go and sell on Gumtree. If Ebay terms and conditions state that you have to be over 18 to sell on there then I'm not sure what you want anyone here to do about it.

Yup selling well on facebook marketplace but can also do ebay to make extra
plebbygiraffe13/11/2019 17:21

So even if you could make a new account, you would just suffer the same …So even if you could make a new account, you would just suffer the same issue again.

Hmm maybe after 3 months but then I will be quite close to turning 18
Haircut_10013/11/2019 17:22

You ever seen a kid outside a shop asking if you can get them a packet of …You ever seen a kid outside a shop asking if you can get them a packet of fags? This thread is the equivalent of that.

How? I'm asking for advice. I'm trying to make my own money
ashmac13/11/2019 17:23

I got banned few years back , no mater what they know , you have tracking …I got banned few years back , no mater what they know , you have tracking cookies and all sorts of software linking your account to you .In the end I got a new address new card and they let me back on after 4 years haha

Ahh ok😬they can unban me but I need to wait a year still
well done for trying to make money what's your secret
Why don't you ask your parents to make a account for them and you just use it?
You just need someone you trust.
No point making another account as you could lose money if they catch you.
Could try selling on gumtree or Facebook?
deals6913/11/2019 17:25

How? I'm asking for advice. I'm trying to make my own money

You are not old enough to use eBay as stated in their terms and conditions and so had your account deleted. You are asking us for help in using it again even though you have not yet reached the required age. That is why I compared the situation to a kid outside a shop asking a passer-by to help them get a packet of cigarettes.
spyro12313/11/2019 17:34

well done for trying to make money what's your secret Why don't …well done for trying to make money what's your secret Why don't you ask your parents to make a account for them and you just use it? You just need someone you trust.No point making another account as you could lose money if they catch you.Could try selling on gumtree or Facebook?

This is why I don’t get it - why didn’t you just register in name of someone you know who is over 18.
Whys everyone jumping on OP's back? They are clearly trying to make their own way in life and make a living the honest way, if they have had nothing but positive feedback and lots of sales then good on them, I'd be proud if that was my kid doing that. They deserves respect not condemnation for what they are doing, theres lots of teens just loafing around with no direction in life this lad/lass clearly has ambitiononly for it to be thwarted by petty rules.
Didn't you post something about not wanting your parents to see the money you've made that was in your bank account a few weeks back? Something doesn't add up here
What age did you give when you signed up?
Edited by: "OllieSt" 13th Nov
spyro12313/11/2019 17:34

well done for trying to make money what's your secret Why don't …well done for trying to make money what's your secret Why don't you ask your parents to make a account for them and you just use it? You just need someone you trust.No point making another account as you could lose money if they catch you.Could try selling on gumtree or Facebook?

Ahh ok sounds good will ask my parents. Doing good on Facebook market place too at the moment
Haircut_10013/11/2019 17:36

You are not old enough to use eBay as stated in their terms and conditions …You are not old enough to use eBay as stated in their terms and conditions and so had your account deleted. You are asking us for help in using it again even though you have not yet reached the required age. That is why I compared the situation to a kid outside a shop asking a passer-by to help them get a packet of cigarettes.

Thought you meant. I was begging for money. I dont see any reason why it is bad that I'm selling on ebay whereas, using cigs is clearly negative
JumpMan198013/11/2019 17:43

This is why I don’t get it - why didn’t you just register in name of som …This is why I don’t get it - why didn’t you just register in name of someone you know who is over 18.

I did used my name with a boosted d.o.b but now I may have to use my parents names with permission
harlzter13/11/2019 17:48

Whys everyone jumping on OP's back? They are clearly trying to make their …Whys everyone jumping on OP's back? They are clearly trying to make their own way in life and make a living the honest way, if they have had nothing but positive feedback and lots of sales then good on them, I'd be proud if that was my kid doing that. They deserves respect not condemnation for what they are doing, theres lots of teens just loafing around with no direction in life this lad/lass clearly has ambitiononly for it to be thwarted by petty rules.

Thanks very much, I appreciate all the kind words. Was wondering the same thing tbh
nadhaw13/11/2019 17:49

Didn't you post something about not wanting your parents to see the money …Didn't you post something about not wanting your parents to see the money you've made that was in your bank account a few weeks back? Something doesn't add up here

Yup made good money from ebay

Whys everyone jumping on OP's back? They are clearly trying to make their …Whys everyone jumping on OP's back? They are clearly trying to make their own way in life and make a living the honest way, if they have had nothing but positive feedback and lots of sales then good on them, I'd be proud if that was my kid doing that. They deserves respect not condemnation for what they are doing, theres lots of teens just loafing around with no direction in life this lad/lass clearly has ambitiononly for it to be thwarted by petty rules.

Don’t believe what you read on the internet and if other peoples opinions or views upset you then I’d stay away from all comments on any website.
Edited by: "akchpmn" 13th Nov
akchpmn13/11/2019 17:56

Don’t believe what you read on the internet and if other peoples opinions o …Don’t believe what you read on the internet and if other peoples opinions or views upset you then I’d stay away from all comments on any website.

Thanks very much, agree with your advice. Dont worry, I'm not taking these to heart as I know I've not done anything wrong but have made myself happy
deals6913/11/2019 17:53

Thought you meant. I was begging for money. I dont see any reason why it …Thought you meant. I was begging for money. I dont see any reason why it is bad that I'm selling on ebay whereas, using cigs is clearly negative

What were you selling out of interest? Did eBay send you an email confirming the reason for your ban that you take a screenshot of and post (filtering any personal information).

If you were making good money then good for you the future may be bright, were you paying tax on your profits?
Hi deals69. Hope you're well. So, back when you were asking about "hiding money" from your parents - that's where the money came from. Ebay sales? Had this come to light in that thread, it might have made a difference as some would have known you shouldn't have been able to do that. Is this why you were worried about your parents finding out?

Unless you were using a VPN, I would imagine Ebay will have your IP address anyway so I don't think setting up another account would get you very far. Have they seized your funds, by the way? They are no longer owners of Paypal so if your funds were there, you should be able to access them - unless; of course; Ebay have already informed PP of the situation. Paypal, I believe; is also an age 18 account restriction.

Whilst some of your actions might be seen as 'entrepreneurial' the real issue is of course the circumvention of the system. I'm not looking to chastise as it's not my place but I will say: "Silly billy." When you say "morally wrong" my friend, that's exactly what you DID do. If you meant to say you never hurt anyone - then that I would agree with. As for the 'legal' implications, I couldn't possibly comment but it would go along similar lines as fraud, I would imagine.

I wish you well and hope that this 'lesson' will not be a severe one. Life is full of them...

Kind regards, Phsy.

(P.S. - I really do hope this is not a TROLL post - as it wastes genuine people's time and help. )
Did they hold your funds in PayPal also?
deals6913/11/2019 17:24

Yup selling well on facebook marketplace but can also do ebay to make extra

Ask your grandad

38977469-RjcNi.jpg

This may go a little way to explain, harlzter. It's a 'bigger' picture...

hotukdeals.com/dis…306

People perhaps see it from an understandably different angle now. I too had an empathetic viewpoint originally but the fact that deception has been effectively used to 'make their way' doesn't seem the 'honest way' as you put it.
Edited by: "Phsycronix" 13th Nov

Agree. I can't believe how moralistic people are on this thread, 99% will dive on any glitches that will cause so much harm to small businesses and yet they attack a person who has come for advice from 'grown ups '.

In addition Ebay can be scummy so don't anyone go and defend them too much.

Mate, good luck in your venture.
akchpmn13/11/2019 18:00

What were you selling out of interest? Did eBay send you an email …What were you selling out of interest? Did eBay send you an email confirming the reason for your ban that you take a screenshot of and post (filtering any personal information).If you were making good money then good for you the future may be bright, were you paying tax on your profits?

Drop shipping anything really from swimming pools to amazon playstation classics from Amazon to ebay. Also cannot find the email for the life of me been looking since 15 mins will post if I do find it tough
nadhaw13/11/2019 17:49

Didn't you post something about not wanting your parents to see the money …Didn't you post something about not wanting your parents to see the money you've made that was in your bank account a few weeks back? Something doesn't add up here

Jeez, I hide money from my wife
Ask your mum
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants