Found 27th Oct 2016
Seen a PS4 for sale online that has been PSN banned for a very cheap price

I was under the impression that this should still be functional but will only play local campaign games - is that the case?

Happy to have a non-online console but just need the facts about what you can and can't do with a console in this condition

All advice gratefully received.

Fanx

1. Ask
  2. PS4
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. PS4
14 Comments

just can't play online mate

Amazed no-one has managed to hack this yet - even on the PS3

Has the actual console been banned or just the persons account? First time I've heard of either being banned. Did they say how it happened?

playstation.com/en-…ts/

When your console has been banned or suspended no local user accounts on … When your console has been banned or suspended no local user accounts on the system can use it to sign in to PlayStation Network. This means that the system cannot be used for online gaming through PlayStation Network, accessing PlayStation Store or managing your account.

Being unable to get online also means no access to the PS store, so you won't even be able to download your games, even if you intended to just play locally.

118luke

Amazed no-one has managed to hack this yet - even on the PS3

​on ps3 you could change the idcp console I'd if you had custom firmware. think it was called that.

You won't be able to use the store as mentioned don't know if it will even let you do firmware updates or patches for games

ban means it could be stolen. check the serial number on checkmend.

Original Poster

It's selling for £50 no controller

Happy to go for that if it will play discs only.

martinelsen

It's selling for £50 no controllerHappy to go for that if it will play … It's selling for £50 no controllerHappy to go for that if it will play discs only.

​I'd personally stay away from this.

As above, it may be stolen.

Seems a bit too good to be true...

martinelsen

It's selling for £50 no controllerHappy to go for that if it will play … It's selling for £50 no controllerHappy to go for that if it will play discs only.

is it a ucharted 4 console ? see some young guy trying to sell one in cex the other day in london.

for £50 could use it for spare parts to repair a ps4 with a broken psu or disk drive as only the motherboard will be blocked

Toon_army

Has the actual console been banned or just the persons account? First … Has the actual console been banned or just the persons account? First time I've heard of either being banned. Did they say how it happened?

Both Microsoft and Sony ban consoles which people have tried to modify. Never heard of it happening on a PS4 tho wonder what they were trying to do.

set up a new account when u get it. problem sorted! ps4 banned account not the actual console

It could be stolen And Faulty it might crash after a few hours of use, 50.00 plus cost of all the leads and a controller down the drain
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Credit Card Debt Question...1118
    2. What is the best weight training app for iOS please?22
    3. Difference between these WD 1TB Black HDDs34
    4. amazon echo idiots guide812

See more discussions