Banned XBOX 360 - what doies it mean ?

A friend at work has been offered a 360, which he has been told has been modified and is banned from XBOX live.

I presume it has flashed firmware, but what does "Banned from XBOX Live" actually mean in terms of using the console. Like me he wants his for his 6 year old son so wont be allowing him to play online, what else does being banned impact ?

13 Comments

You wont be able to go online with it

it cant go on xbox live no matter what profile you use, you can still play games offline

That is the only thing it will impact can still play games etc

Just that you can't use the xbox live services at all on that console.

Banned

you will not be able to play online

You can go online if you replace the drive in it

nwressell;4963346

You can go online if you replace the drive in it

this is very difficult as you have to get the motherboard key and replace it with a new drive key, and isnt as easy as just swapping the drive, you would have to pay a professional for it.

I don't know if it has been said yet but you can't play games online.

The JFK;4965098

I don't know if it has been said yet but you can't play games online.

joker

Original Poster

Thanks guys.

I have an unmodded 360 myself - will he be able to download demos etc or is it a complete loss of access to any services.

i.e. he can play games locally on the XBOX, but not against anyone online, and he cannot doownload any online expansions for games etc ?

If thats the case I dont think it will bother him (but a good bargaining chip to reduce the price further!)

phanco;4965563

Thanks guys. I have an unmodded 360 myself - will he be able to download … Thanks guys. I have an unmodded 360 myself - will he be able to download demos etc or is it a complete loss of access to any services.i.e. he can play games locally on the XBOX, but not against anyone online, and he cannot doownload any online expansions for games etc ?If thats the case I dont think it will bother him (but a good bargaining chip to reduce the price further!)

not 100% on this but i think it cant go online at all?

no nothing, it wont let you sign into live at all.

You dont need live to play games locally (or via LAN if you want i believe.) so it just relates to the LIVE services
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764006
    2. hOW SHOCKED WERE YOU AT THE GLASGOW FRUIT MARKET CONFLAGRATION??66
    3. What an absolute disgrace2157
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 182720

See more discussions