Banner design - help required.

21 replies
Found 9th Feb 2010
I'm looking to order, via an online retailer, a vinyl/pvc banner.
The sort you see hanging outside pubs etc, advertising sunday lunches or quiz nites etc.

Anyway, it's going to measure either 5ft by 2ft or 6ft by 3ft and I need a basic design, black letters on a white background in MS comics font. The design basically consists of 3 words in capital letters, with possibly some music notes and/or a pic of a microphone or similar.

It is going to be used to advertise a fortcoming karaoke event.

The retailer is asking me to upload a design. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to going about doing such a design or better still - cos I am not too clever at this sort of thing - if any kind and clever techy/arty hukd'er can knock me one up then I would be oh so grateful.

Heeeeellllllpppppp!!!!

col.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
21 Comments

MS Comic?

You mean [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="6"]Comic Sans[/SIZE][/FONT]?

Can you not do it in MS Paint lol?

Original Poster

DragonChris;7799339

MS Comic?You mean [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="6"]Comic … MS Comic?You mean [FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="6"]Comic Sans[/SIZE][/FONT]?Can you not do it in MS Paint lol?

Tried that but it won't upload.

karaokecolin;7799362

Tried that but it won't upload.

Hmm... Did you save it as a JPEG? Should upload...

I've got a few mins spare, I'll knock up a design if you want - planning to source images from Google.

Ok uploading now...

Ok, it's 600px by 300px

Would most likely need to be bigger if going to be blown up to 6ft!

But you get the idea:

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/5766/kareoke.jpg

Definitely not my best work, and having just blown it up to 6000x3000px, it looks like complete poo...

Original Poster

DragonChris;7799372

Hmm... Did you save it as a JPEG? Should upload...I've got a few mins … Hmm... Did you save it as a JPEG? Should upload...I've got a few mins spare, I'll knock up a design if you want - planning to source images from Google.

I think saving it as a jpeg is where I may have failed...miserably.

The design I am after is like this, only in bold comic font

KARAOKE
EVERY THURSDAY

With either music notes or a microphone or similar either side of the word karaoke.

Not very imaginative I know, but just tsomething visble and effective.

Most appreciated if you could help.:thumbsup:

Original Poster

DragonChris;7799497

Ok, it's 600px by 300pxWould most likely need to be bigger if going to be … Ok, it's 600px by 300pxWould most likely need to be bigger if going to be blown up to 6ft!But you get the idea:Definitely not my best work, and having just blown it up to 6000x3000px, it looks like complete poo...

That is wicked - can I fit karaoke thursday nigt in the text area??

karaokecolin;7799513

I think saving it as a jpeg is where I may have failed...miserably.The … I think saving it as a jpeg is where I may have failed...miserably.The design I am after is like this, only in bold comic font KARAOKE EVERY THURSDAYWith either music notes or a microphone or similar either side of the word karaoke.Not very imaginative I know, but just tsomething visble and effective.Most appreciated if you could help.:thumbsup:

See above. Will modify text now.

The issue is the resizing of the image... Did they say how big your sample should be?

Original Poster

DragonChris;7799528

See above. Will modify text now.The issue is the resizing of the … See above. Will modify text now.The issue is the resizing of the image... Did they say how big your sample should be?

I will just have a check on the site now:thumbsup:

Just checked - it doesn't actually say. just gives you the option of uploading or emailing over.

karaokecolin;7799549

I will just have a check on the site now:thumbsup:Just checked - it … I will just have a check on the site now:thumbsup:Just checked - it doesn't actually say. just gives you the option of uploading or emailing over.

Okie.

Here's two versions:

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/3600/kareoke1.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/2320/kareoke2.jpg

Any use? (I hope they are - Paint Shop Pro just crashed on me and I lost the templates LOL!)

Could remake if needed, but hopefully won't need to

Original Poster

DragonChris;7799590

Okie.Here's two versions:Any use?

I really appreciate this - the top one is better although they are both cool.

Sorry to be a pain but can you please amend kareoke to karaoke?

DragonChris;7799590

Okie.Here's two versions:Any use?

You might want to check your spelling..................:thumbsup:

Evil_monkey;7799652

You might want to check your spelling..................:thumbsup:

I don't frequently spell Karaoke

karaokecolin;7799649

I really appreciate this - the top one is better although they are both … I really appreciate this - the top one is better although they are both cool.Sorry to be a pain but can you please amend kareoke to karaoke?

******. Right ok, give me a few mins to remake :P

Just the top one yeah?

DragonChris;7799667

I don't frequently spell Karaoke

Original Poster

DragonChris;7799671

******. Right ok, give me a few mins to remake :PJust the top one yeah?

Yep the top one is cool. thanks.

karaokecolin;7799718

Yep the top one is cool. thanks.

There we go, lovingly recreated and hopefully spelled correctly?

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/345/karaokef.jpg

*Sobs* No reply :-( My talents hath been wasted :cry:

Original Poster

DragonChris;7799796

*Sobs* No reply :-( My talents hath been wasted :cry:

No not at all.

This is great and very kind of you to take the time and effort. Rep left is the least I can do.

Just uploading it now. Its a bit of a last minute job for a job we've just taken on and I'm sure it will impress and keep them happy!

Many thanks again for this- much appreciated.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

karaokecolin;7799822

No not at all. This is great and very kind of you to take the time and … No not at all. This is great and very kind of you to take the time and effort. Rep left is the least I can do.Just uploading it now. Its a bit of a last minute job for a job we've just taken on and I'm sure it will impress and keep them happy!Many thanks again for this- much appreciated.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Don't worry, was being a drama Queen :thumbsup:

You're very welcome Hopefully it does the job for you!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247554
    2. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1217
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769184
    4. 5am gym crew20137

See more discussions