Expired

Barbering nvq 2 and 3 question???????

Found 1st May
hi guys for anyone whos got experience of being a selfemployedbarber

have a friend whos currently wanting a change of career and wanting to do barbering. long story short he's having some terrible problems finding a placement because of his age. he hasn't got enough money to invest in a 4k fast track but has got enough money to live off. my question is does he need nvq 2 and 3? or can he be like most of these turkish barbers that havent any qualifications but learnt of someone they know and set up shop????
do u even need nvq2 and 3 to get insurened?

plz anyone with experience answer thanks in advance
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
Does he have any experience of ..barbering

Pasha Barbers in Stoke Newington do apprentiships
Town where I am has 6 barbers. Could probably add more as some places are unisex hairdressers.
allowed44 m ago

Does he have any experience of ..barberingPasha Barbers in Stoke Newington …Does he have any experience of ..barberingPasha Barbers in Stoke Newington do apprentiships

Not yet. Because of his age No one will touch him and he cannot live off a apprentices wage.
machomansavage4 m ago

Not yet. Because of his age No one will touch him and he cannot live off a …Not yet. Because of his age No one will touch him and he cannot live off a apprentices wage.

How old is he?
allowed1st May

How old is he?

30 he's been in sales for years but now fancies a career change to something he can be self employed in eventually. Hes going to ring public liability insurance tomo and find out. Most places so far have said no he doesnt need nvq 2 and 3 to get insurened
machomansavage2 m ago

30 he's been in sales for years but now fancies a career change to …30 he's been in sales for years but now fancies a career change to something he can be self employed in eventually. Hes going to ring public liability insurance tomo and find out. Most places so far have said no he doesnt need nvq 2 and 3 to get insurened

How much does he expect he will earn.
So can be actually cut hair already? If he hasn't got the qualifications, how did he learn? I think there is a bit more to it than being adept with a pair of clippers.
psychobitchfromhell8 h, 3 m ago

So can be actually cut hair already? If he hasn't got the qualifications, …So can be actually cut hair already? If he hasn't got the qualifications, how did he learn? I think there is a bit more to it than being adept with a pair of clippers.

Hands on through a barber for a year. Also he can do hot towel shaving. Just hasn't got it in paper as he learnt through a good barber
psychobitchfromhell8 h, 5 m ago

So can be actually cut hair already? If he hasn't got the qualifications, …So can be actually cut hair already? If he hasn't got the qualifications, how did he learn? I think there is a bit more to it than being adept with a pair of clippers.

Coz he learnt hands on through a barbers, he can do hot towel shaving too. However hasn't got new 1 & 2 so my question is I'll he be able to take out public liability insurance when he sets up? As we already know you don't have to have nvq 2 and 3 to open a shop because you don't
Update. Spoke to insurance and no you don't need nvq levels to finally take out insurance once you're set up. CLOSED good sometimes doing your own homework. Thanks for the senseable replies
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions