Barcelona use up £136m of the Neymar money on a one season wonder 20 year old from Dortmund...

Found 28th Aug 2017
Barcelona have signed Ousmane Dembele from Borussia Dortmund for the second biggest transfer fee in Football history - £136 million. Smart move or a panic buy?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Pogba was an absolute bargain.
Liverpool have apparently accepted £148 mil for Coutinho. It's just getting ridiculous. These clubs deserve to fold. Look at the debt Man U are in. All to win a trophy when there are people starving in the world.
16 Comments
Super risky isn't it, you get a lot of established quality player for £136m, but then they are Barca and they only have 25? Spots
They should have used that money towards Philippe Coutinho. I understand Ousmane Dembele has potential but still a bit risky spending that type of money on a 20 year old. Coutinho is still only 25 so would have made more sense to spend that money signing him.
deleted1315437
Was there literally nobody else for 136m?
Liverpool have apparently accepted £148 mil for Coutinho. It's just getting ridiculous. These clubs deserve to fold. Look at the debt Man U are in. All to win a trophy when there are people starving in the world.
perrioli4 m ago

Liverpool have apparently accepted £148 mil for Coutinho. It's just …Liverpool have apparently accepted £148 mil for Coutinho. It's just getting ridiculous. These clubs deserve to fold. Look at the debt Man U are in. All to win a trophy when there are people starving in the world.

So they should sell all their players and buy food?
perrioli1 h, 35 m ago

Liverpool have apparently accepted £148 mil for Coutinho. It's just …Liverpool have apparently accepted £148 mil for Coutinho. It's just getting ridiculous. These clubs deserve to fold. Look at the debt Man U are in. All to win a trophy when there are people starving in the world.

Try not to get worried,try not to turn on to problems that upset you. Don't you know everything's alright everything's fine.
shauneco4 h, 5 m ago

Pogba was sooooo last year. In 3 days Neymar will be seen as cheap.
u6645417 m ago

Pogba was sooooo last year. In 3 days Neymar will be seen as cheap.

It won't be long before teams are paying £1b a player :(.
I wonder how much they'd pay a player who can actually pull off keep ups. lol.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 28th Aug 2017
dr_spaceman28th Aug 2017

They should have used that money towards Philippe Coutinho.

They did try but Liverpool said no.
Judging by their squad they should sell him and put the money towards defence maybe!
Neymar's going to look decent value at £200m if small clubs like PSG and City aren't stopped from spending outside their means. At £200m, I wish United would have gone in for him and not got Lukaku.
Liverpool should sell Coutinho. I've loved him playing for us but he wants to go, so let him. His heart won't be in LFC anymore. Wish him all the best, a superb player.
31834287-tjvVc.jpg
Edited by: "themachman" 29th Aug 2017
Reports are coming in, that Barca enquired about keita. Only to be told he's currently having a medical at Liverpool PMSL.

Barca seem lost after the Neymar sale.
themachman1 h, 30 m ago

Liverpool should of sell Coutinho. I've loved him playing for us but he …Liverpool should of sell Coutinho. I've loved him playing for us but he wants to go, so let him. His heart won't be in LFC anymore. Wish him all the best, a superb player.[Image]

Exactly, those American owners should pull their finger out. 120M for a player thats quite often injured. Mane i think is better anyway or at least on par with Coutinho. He's stuck in a request to leave, if they keep hold of him he won't be playing for many months. Just sell up you silly American scousers.

If they keep hold of him I genuinely can't see anyone else paying more than 70m for him. Probably too late to sell now as well since Barca are sniffing around for alternatives.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 29th Aug 2017
themachman8 h, 55 m ago

Liverpool should of sell Coutinho. I've loved him playing for us but he …Liverpool should of sell Coutinho. I've loved him playing for us but he wants to go, so let him. His heart won't be in LFC anymore. Wish him all the best, a superb player.[Image]

I understand LFCs stance, If he hadn't handed a transfer request in I think he'd be ok to stay.

Evidently you don't really need him, I think LFC would be stupid turning any more money down for him, If he stays his value will decrease and he'll be gone next summer. You'll still be paying his wages and he'll struggle to step back in, Every time he has a bad game he'll be questioned if his heart is in it etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants