barclaycard 0% balance transfer question

Found 20th Jan 2012
Re the barclaycard deal:
Can you do multiple balance transfers from the same Credit card within the 60 days?
i.e I have a post office credit card from which I've transfered the remaining balance to this one but if i purchase something else on the post office one can i transfer THAT balance to THIS card again and still qualify for the 24 months @ 0%
hotukdeals.com/dea…398
Community Updates
3 Comments
Technically yes but you'd get 56 days interest free on the first card anyway and there's usually a minimum fee to transfer a balance so it would have to be worth it. You also can't transfer balances once you hit 90% of your credit limit on the incoming card.

There are plenty of cards that offer 0% on purchases so check out MSE for those.

Disclaimer : I assume you know what you're doing and i'm not going to lecture you on how you spend your money or that credit cards are the work of satan!
Original Poster
Thanks for the reply.The only thing I'm using the card for is obviously to pay my existing balance off my post office card.I bought a laptop a while ago too which was on credit which i paid off with my old credit card and now I want to transfer THAT NEW balance to this barclaycard.After that I have intentions of never using either of the cards again.
scorpio iscariot

Thanks for the reply.The only thing I'm using the card for is obviously … Thanks for the reply.The only thing I'm using the card for is obviously to pay my existing balance off my post office card.I bought a laptop a while ago too which was on credit which i paid off with my old credit card and now I want to transfer THAT NEW balance to this barclaycard.After that I have intentions of never using either of the cards again.

Apologies... This bit...

but if i purchase something else on the post office one

Threw me a little.

Yes you can transfer as many times as you like from one to another (providing your card provider offers you the promotional rate of course. Just make it worthwhile in terms of the x% it costs to transfer vs the minimum fee.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants