Barclaycard Goldfish / Freedom points.

5 replies
Found 11th Mar
I just checked my Barclaycard and I cant find the Goldfish points anymore. I had about £80 worth. Its now showing Freedom points of about £5. I tried googling and it also says that the Freedom points stopped.
So it sounds like Ive lost all my voucher credit.

Anyone know whats happened.

5 Comments

Goldfish was acquired by Barclaycard, and any points from Goldfish were transferred to Barclaycard Freedom Rewards.

Barclaycard made an announcement to scrap its Freedom Rewards scheme in 2014, and replaced it with a new lower earning scheme called Freedom.

Freedom is still available with Barclaycard, 1750 points = £5 voucher

£1 spend = 1 point double points at supermarkets.

I would contact Barclaycard and ask them directly.

Alternatively, if you have registered with Barclaycard/Goldfish online, then log in and see what it says, there maybe an option to sign/log in to the Reward scheme.

The Barclaycard Reward scheme has its own separate website/login.

Edited by: "Taliban_Army" 11th Mar

Original Poster

Taliban_Army

Goldfish was acquired by Barclaycard, and any points from Goldfish were … Goldfish was acquired by Barclaycard, and any points from Goldfish were transferred to Barclaycard Freedom Rewards. Barclaycard made an announcement to scrap its Freedom Rewards scheme in 2014, and replaced it with a new lower earning scheme called Freedom. Freedom is still available with Barclaycard, 1750 points = £5 voucher £1 spend = 1 point double points at supermarkets. I would contact Barclaycard and ask them directly.

Thanks. Now youve mentioned it, it rings a bell and I think I may have had a short time to have used my old Goldfish points before they went to the newer scheme but as I didnt I think I can kiss goodbye my £80.

Give them a call, ask about the points, plead ignorance. Nothing to lose, you never know they may just give you a gesture of goodwill, depending upon how long you've been with them.

have you been in a coma, goldfish went years ago :0)

i had a msdw card that transfered to ?? then to goldfish (for about 3 months) and then barclaycard cashback years ago. that then split into 2 cards an amex 1% and visa 0.5%

Original Poster

whatyadoinsucka

have you been in a coma, goldfish went years ago :0)i had a msdw card … have you been in a coma, goldfish went years ago :0)i had a msdw card that transfered to ?? then to goldfish (for about 3 months) and then barclaycard cashback years ago. that then split into 2 cards an amex 1% and visa 0.5%

I know the goldfish card got taken over years ago but the points were still obtainable under the old system as I checked them a few years ago but then forgot about them as I started using my Armiles card instead. I thought Id have a clear out and close my old accounts which made me remember this account.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)70562
    2. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    3. Add one, leave one game54415416
    4. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861868

See more discussions