Groups

barclays and rbs shares

was doing ok then bam last week i think thursday dropped like 25p then another 25p and now currently down again

damn was thinking of selling just before the drop
    why the sudden drop anyone know? ive been watching a few months and its never dropped this hard in 1 go

was about £1000 up now probably couple hundred down lol

should i sell or hope it goes up again?!?!
    oh and rbs hit a high now its dropping daily!! AHHHHHHHHHHH

12 Comments

sold my rbs a few months back ....... never had barclays but have got lloyds nice and safely tucked away.

smithyp1;8532292

why the sudden drop anyone know?

Because i've just defaulted on my £1,000,000,000,000,000 mortgage :-D

It's because of jitters in the financial markets over Greece - there's a real fear that several more European countries are also in big doo-doo.

Hasn't there recently been a change in the way they are structured or a change in share lay out or something. I swear I remember reading about something like that, well overlooked it anyway.

Could it be due to the affects of Greece as well?

]http//ne…stm

thats why they went down

Banned

trust your instinct if you do not know how to research the markets you are investing in

casparwhite;8532410

trust your instinct if you do not know how to research the markets you … trust your instinct if you do not know how to research the markets you are investing in

^^^^^ This

Sold out of most stocks last week due to the election and greek debt. Just trading atm, mainly crude and natural gas but been trading banks and oilers last few days as well, some good shorting opps atm

Good luck and nai,dyor etc etc

To the OP,I have learnt the hard way to take profits when they are on the table, bird in the hand and all that :thumbsup:

Banned

treble99;8532487

To the OP,I have learnt the hard way to take profits when they are on the … To the OP,I have learnt the hard way to take profits when they are on the table, bird in the hand and all that :thumbsup:

some people are greedy tho which is daft if you have no idea what you are doing or looking out for

lesson learnt i reckon:-D

casparwhite;8532495

some people are greedy tho which is daft if you have no idea what you are … some people are greedy tho which is daft if you have no idea what you are doing or looking out forlesson learnt i reckon:-D

Lol I empathise with the guy, investing/trading is mainly psycological, still learning but realise the value of taking and banking a profit rather than having a profit on paper and waiting for it to go up more

Original Poster

Yeh my first time buying any shares i just thre like 5k on them cause it was lying around (jokes lol)
    im not too worried ill sell the barclays and keep the rbs

Got the same shares myself, not been a good week but they have made good gains recently so I'm not crying about it. Stock markets all over have been tumbling because the Eurozone countries are struggling to bail out Greece and others like Portugal and Spain may follow them into the doodoo. You have to take the rough with the smooth if you dabble in the stock market. Personally I'm gonna sit tight and hopefully they will bounce back though, you may not see £4 for Barclays for a while yet.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So, whose already pre-ordered a Scorpio and where from?1630
      2. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk11
      3. Oh deer.. looks like they are back sooner this year.913
      4. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48210862

See more discussions