Groups

Barclays charging customers twice due to payment glitch

Editor
    It looks like Barclays have had issues causing double payments to it's customers. Of course customers took to social media to vent their frustration over the glitch, which caused some to go overdrawn. No body needs overdraft fees either, right?

An issue last year that left customers struggling to get their cash after another glitch just after the clocks went back, which they said wasn't the cause of the problem. These new issues have arisen around the same time yet again, coincidence? Who knows?!

Barclays spokesman reportedly said the following regarding the recent double charging issue:

"We detected a small number of duplicated debit card payments this morning" - "We are working to fix this" - "We apologise for any inconvenience caused and any affected customers will not be out of pocket.”

Source - The Mirror

8 Comments

Good i moved out from them..

have been with them for 27 years but last year, they closed my local branch. So I have to go to the main town.
    Its a large branch so I thought no problem. But just 2 staff in Harrow Town branch. 30 minutes wait
    every time. They have other staff there but no one there to serve the tills. grrrrrrrrr

Thinking of moving but they have been there since my very first job. Off to check my
    bank statements now. Thanks Neotrix

Thanks for the info, will log on now to check.

Cheers. Just checked my account and 3 duplicate payments refunded this morning.

Original Poster Editor

stuarthanley

Cheers. Just checked my account and 3 duplicate payments refunded this … Cheers. Just checked my account and 3 duplicate payments refunded this morning.

Ahh good to see it was corrected! They must have their work cut out right now.

don't worry u won't pay over draft fees if it's the banks fault.

shabbird

have been with them for 27 years but last year, they closed my local … have been with them for 27 years but last year, they closed my local branch. So I have to go to the main town. Its a large branch so I thought no problem. But just 2 staff in Harrow Town branch. 30 minutes wait every time. They have other staff there but no one there to serve the tills. grrrrrrrrrThinking of moving but they have been there since my very first job. Off to check my bank statements now. Thanks Neotrix

I had to upgrade our accounts at Halifax a couple of years back, as they said our accounts were online only..

so when i walked in the branch to pay in some money they directed me to an automated machine, i said i was in a rush and the counter staff were sat doing nothing but chatting, they still refused to serve me at the counter and had to use the machine, because my account didnt entitle me to in branch assistance!!

Looking back I should of switched but as we had our business accounts there too, it was a ball ache to swap. but its like Banks do not want business anymore.

haritori

I had to upgrade our accounts at Halifax a couple of years back, as they … I had to upgrade our accounts at Halifax a couple of years back, as they said our accounts were online only..so when i walked in the branch to pay in some money they directed me to an automated machine, i said i was in a rush and the counter staff were sat doing nothing but chatting, they still refused to serve me at the counter and had to use the machine, because my account didnt entitle me to in branch assistance!!Looking back I should of switched but as we had our business accounts there too, it was a ball ache to swap. but its like Banks do not want business anymore.

yikes. That's ridiculous. At least they serve me but the queues are a joke. I get that feeling as well as staff look at us queueing and do nothing. We had 2 other branches near close down. So this is the main Town branch and bad service.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4472089
      2. Are these two things distinctly different to you?35186
      3. Samsung Note 8812
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418214170

See more discussions