Groups

Barclays chief executive Bob Diamond gets £6.5m bonus

Banned
    In todays climate seeing as the banks caused the mess should this be happening.

bbc.co.uk/new…730

5 Comments

I may be in the minority but yes if thats what was agreed(i would be upset if someone took my bonus off me and its only 1k before tax), i'm with barclays and although the sum is rediculous barclays didn't borrow any money.They should of nationalised the banks they had to help and then once on a stable footing sold them off.It wont matter soon anyway, they will all relocate their head offices abroad like HSBC are on about doing then London will be screwed.
    Edited by: "hutchir9" 7th Mar 2011

pleased for him tbf Diamond geezer imo

Doesn't matter in the slightest. They weren't bailed out by the government/tax payers so they shouldn't have to answer to anybody.

They manage to run a profitable business without the need of being rescued so it's up to them what they do.

I heard earlier that he was either refusing or giving away 1/4 of that bonus because of the current feelings people have towards bankers.

Syzable

Doesn't matter in the slightest. They weren't bailed out by the … Doesn't matter in the slightest. They weren't bailed out by the government/tax payers so they shouldn't have to answer to anybody.They manage to run a profitable business without the need of being rescued so it's up to them what they do.

Yup thats right mate. On top of that he gave up 1/3 of this bonus. He didn't have to, he just made a gesture.

Fair play to him
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions