Groups

Barclays current account with blue rewards

Hi I'm looking to open a current account with Barclays was just wondering what there blue rewards add on was like, eg cash back etc? Thanks.

5 Comments

I've got it.. it's free money at the end of the day.. for every £3 they take they give you £7..

Original Poster

izuc_me

I've got it.. it's free money at the end of the day.. for every £3 they … I've got it.. it's free money at the end of the day.. for every £3 they take they give you £7..

​i was thinking that what about the retailer cash back ?

I tried to buy something for Christmas with the cashback thing. Did it on my mobile, it didn't work and I couldn't be bothered to chase it up.

It's the same as Quidco, not interested in actually paying you cashback.

Original Poster

HondaLad

I tried to buy something for Christmas with the cashback thing. Did it on … I tried to buy something for Christmas with the cashback thing. Did it on my mobile, it didn't work and I couldn't be bothered to chase it up. It's the same as Quidco, not interested in actually paying you cashback.

​surely they will just see the transaction on your statement and issue the cash back?

cliosport65

​surely they will just see the transaction on your statement and issue t … ​surely they will just see the transaction on your statement and issue the cash back?

I think it's the same as Quidco, i.e. you only get paid if they get paid blah blah. Personally I've never found a reason to use it vs. other cashback sites that don't limit you to a specific card. It isn't like Amex offers which seem to credit you as soon as Amex detects the payment, you have to go through the whole cookies tracking process with Barclays. So not as simple as proving you made the purchase.

"Every time you access a participating retailer’s site through SmartSpend Shopping, we will apply a cookie to your computer or mobile device so that we know that you’ve accessed the retailer’s site directly through SmartSpend Shopping and that you will be eligible for cashback. Please see the cookies section of the terms, below for more details. You will be subject to the respective retailer’s terms and conditions so please check these for details on delivery and cancellation policies and any variation to specific cashback rates for specific particular goods or services offered by the retailer."
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin media sign up67
      2. Which android box?33
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?710
      4. BT sport on sky boxes512

See more discussions