Expired

barclays Lifestyle insurance are evil people

Found 9th Nov 2011
I lost my phone while i was ib germany last month on 17th. I was paying my insurance for last 2 years.
Now first they took ages to aprove the claim. Later they said the phone is not in stock and they are awaiting stock. now after 20 days they offered me cash as they can't offer me the phone.
But the cash they offered me was in no way sifficent to buy a new phone. Even a second hand phone will be a bargain for this money.

They told me that there is no option other then accepting the cash they are offering. And the small print in my insurance say they will replace my phone with a refurbished phone.
Not happy

28 Comments

Surely they can give you a different phone of the same value?

Original Poster

No they said they cant

remember you are insured for everything under any circumstances until u try and make a claim then it bog off

humadoon

No they said they cant

That's a shame, its shocking bank's will do this.

they tried the same with my daughter over her bf's iphone. they initially offerred nowhere near enough to replace but she pushed it and eventually they backed down and paid the going rate. goto the top. threaten them with closing your account and using them as the reason. they will back down eventually

Original Poster

I wanted to close my barclqys account anyway dont want to be a part of these greedy captalists.

Original Poster

does it says in barclays insurance policy that they will only provide used or refurbished handset?

yes it does, thats the same in most policies, they supply a refurb (which more often than not is brand new in any case

Yep, lifestyle group are crap! With them through Lloyds TSB.

I had to pay £100 excess because it was an iphone and then they didn't even replace it and offered me no where near enough to replace it.

Yet the excess on all other phones is £50.

Follow their complaints policy.

Lifestyle Group are not part of Barclays.

Barclays just use their services.

I lost my iphone 3gs 32gb a couple of years ago and they sent me a brand new one in a few days. I think they are actually pretty good. I have been with them for about 4 years now for mobile phone insurance. And have had my contents insurance with Barclays for about 9 years and have had no problems at all

Inactive

Lifestyle Group are not part of Barclays.Barclays just use their services.

exactly, this is why threatening to complain to barclays carries weight with the company. they tend to offer low, they carry little or no stock, all in direct contradiction to the policies involved. this is the lever people need to tug on. in barclays case it states that if your model is not available they offer an equal or better model. if you push them hard enough (which will take time) they will back down and make a reasonable offer

What is the name of your account?
i.e.
Premier Life
Premier Life Gadget Cover
Additions Active Mobile Phone Insurance
Additions Active Gadget Insurance
Current Account Plus Mobile Phone Insurance
Current Account Plus Gadget Insurance
First Additions Mobile Phone Insurance
First Additions Gadget Cover
Additions/Additions Plus
Additions Plus Gadget Cover
Graduate Additions

Original Poster

The Therapist

What is the name of your account?i.e.Premier LifePremier Life Gadget … What is the name of your account?i.e.Premier LifePremier Life Gadget CoverAdditions Active Mobile Phone InsuranceAdditions Active Gadget InsuranceCurrent Account Plus Mobile Phone InsuranceCurrent Account Plus Gadget InsuranceFirst Additions Mobile Phone InsuranceFirst Additions Gadget Cover Additions/Additions PlusAdditions Plus Gadget CoverGraduate Additions

Current Account Plus Mobile Phone Insurance

N) Enquiries/Complaints
We will always be fair and reasonable when handling
your policy or claim. Should there ever be an occasion
when you feel we have not provided you with a
satisfactory level of service, we would like you to inform
us so that we can do our best to solve the problem.
We will do everything possible to ensure that your
query is dealt with promptly. We will deal with all
queries on behalf of the insurer. The easiest way to
contact us is to call our Customer Relations team on
the appropriate Customer Helpline:
• Current Account Plus 0800 328 6931*
• Additions Active 0800 99 44 22*
• Graduate Additions 0845 300 3726#
• First Additions† 0845 600 7722#
• Additions† 0845 723 1103#
• Additions Plus† 0845 300 3466#
selecting the Mobile Phone Insurance option and quoting
the mobile phone number in all correspondence.
Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address:
Customer Relations
Lifestyle Services Group Limited
PO Box 395
CREWE
CW1 6WT
Our staff will attempt to resolve your query
immediately. If this is not possible, we promise to
acknowledge your query within 5 working days of
receiving it. In the unlikely event that your query has
not been resolved within 4 weeks of us receiving it,
we will write and let you know the reasons why,
and what further action we will take. Once we have
resolved your query, we will conirm our response in
writing. If you are not satisied with our decision,
please contact our Customer Relations Manager at the
above address. If you have a complaint relating to the
policy wording or contract, please contact the insurer at
their registered address. If you remain dissatisied, you
can, within 6 months of our inal decision, refer your
query for an independent assessment to:
The Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
LONDON E14 9SR
The parties to this contract are covered by the Financial
Ombudsman Service who, once contacted, will liaise with
us on your behalf. They will inform you directly of their
decision. Referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service,
will not prejudice your right to take subsequent legal
proceedings. Further information can be obtained from
their website at www.inancial-ombudsman.co.uk.
The parties to this contract are covered by the Financial
Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may be
entitled to compensation from the scheme if they
cannot meet their obligations. Most insurance contracts
are covered for 90% of the entire claim, without any
upper limit. You can obtain more information about the
compensation scheme arrangements by contacting the
FSCS on 0207 892 7300 or by visiting their website at
www.fscs.org.uk.

What phone did you have?

[quote]3. The settlement we offer for the phone will be based
on the current market value of the registered phone
or one of similar speciication and functionality
(where the phone is no longer available on the
general market).[/quote]

Another customer with phone insurance pushed on them by their bank not happy?

I am shocked! (not really) When will you people learn?????

I don't get why people use phone insurance. For me, in 8 years of contract mobiles, I've lost two phones. One fell out my pocket in 2004, the other, I was relieved of by a fella with a rather large knife at the end of last year. If I'd been paying for even just cheap insurance for that time, I'd have shelled out some £500, plus £100 more for excesses, for £200 worth of new phones. To be fair, I suppose insurance is good if you're irresponsible or generally a bit clumsy or stupid, because then the value's on your side, but if you're even half sensible, you're just subsidising idiots and paying the mortgage on someone's mansion. I don't use insurance myself, and wouldn't recommend anyone to, unless they're as dippy as my sister.

Original Poster

Mallinersha

Another customer with phone insurance pushed on them by their bank not … Another customer with phone insurance pushed on them by their bank not happy?I am shocked! (not really) When will you people learn?????

well i have learned my lesson.. from now on i will take out some depreciation from my account each month, it is pointless for me to pay the insurance copmany..you guys are right. 6.50x20=130 quid plus 25 quid fee for What listening to their bulls@@t...

and it is worse on an Iphone..

Original Poster

The Therapist

N) Enquiries/ComplaintsWe will always be fair and reasonable when … N) Enquiries/ComplaintsWe will always be fair and reasonable when handlingyour policy or claim. Should there ever be an occasionwhen you feel we have not provided you with asatisfactory level of service, we would like you to informus so that we can do our best to solve the problem.We will do everything possible to ensure that yourquery is dealt with promptly. We will deal with allqueries on behalf of the insurer. The easiest way tocontact us is to call our Customer Relations team onthe appropriate Customer Helpline:• Current Account Plus 0800 328 6931*• Additions Active 0800 99 44 22*• Graduate Additions 0845 300 3726#• First Additions† 0845 600 7722#• Additions† 0845 723 1103#• Additions Plus† 0845 300 3466#selecting the Mobile Phone Insurance option and quotingthe mobile phone number in all correspondence.Alternatively, you can write to us at the following address:Customer RelationsLifestyle Services Group LimitedPO Box 395CREWECW1 6WTOur staff will attempt to resolve your queryimmediately. If this is not possible, we promise toacknowledge your query within 5 working days ofreceiving it. In the unlikely event that your query hasnot been resolved within 4 weeks of us receiving it,we will write and let you know the reasons why,and what further action we will take. Once we haveresolved your query, we will conirm our response inwriting. If you are not satisied with our decision,please contact our Customer Relations Manager at theabove address. If you have a complaint relating to thepolicy wording or contract, please contact the insurer attheir registered address. If you remain dissatisied, youcan, within 6 months of our inal decision, refer yourquery for an independent assessment to:The Financial Ombudsman ServiceSouth Quay Plaza183 Marsh WallLONDON E14 9SRThe parties to this contract are covered by the FinancialOmbudsman Service who, once contacted, will liaise withus on your behalf. They will inform you directly of theirdecision. Referral to the Financial Ombudsman Service,will not prejudice your right to take subsequent legalproceedings. Further information can be obtained fromtheir website at http://www.inancial-ombudsman.co.uk.The parties to this contract are covered by the FinancialServices Compensation Scheme (FSCS). You may beentitled to compensation from the scheme if theycannot meet their obligations. Most insurance contractsare covered for 90% of the entire claim, without anyupper limit. You can obtain more information about thecompensation scheme arrangements by contacting theFSCS on 0207 892 7300 or by visiting their website athttp://www.fscs.org.uk.What phone did you have?[quote]3. The settlement we offer for the phone will be basedon the current market value of the registered phoneor one of similar speciication and functionality(where the phone is no longer available on thegeneral market).

[/quote]

it was a HTC Desire HD... the current market value of a new phone is between 339 to 400 quid something but they offered me 280 quid.. minus 25 quid fee

Original Poster

i just emailed Barclays CEO, lets see what happens now..

I would provide details of retailers that have stocks and ask them to either purchase one for you or for them to offer you the value to purchase one. I would also advise them that the phone is still available on the general market and that £280 is not a true representation for a replacement of one of similar specification and functionality as listed in their terms and conditions. It is important to follow their complaints procedure if you wish to escalate the claim and should you wish to refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Original Poster

till date i have not received the promised cash of 280 quid and now after i complained to CEO they called me and informed me they are dealing with this issue ..
claim made on 17 Oct and today is 15 Nov...

rubbish insurance company.. i dont know why barclays attached with this lsg company... they not following there on policy rules.. they write down in the policy that they will decide the claim in one working day but it two week now they got my claim form but still every day calling them to ask what happened with my claim and they not telling even anything .. simply say we can not give u any time frame ,,, then why they write down in there policy they will access the claim in one working day i dont know... they should write there is no time scale for accessing the claim... really **** off for 15 days.. and they dont care at all.. all the customer service member are there to annoy u not for help. and when i said to them can i talk to your manager they said there iss no manager here,, unbelievable can any one suggest what i cant do ,,, khurram

Banned

khurram99

rubbish insurance company.. i dont know why barclays attached with this … rubbish insurance company.. i dont know why barclays attached with this lsg company... they not following there on policy rules.. they write down in the policy that they will decide the claim in one working day but it two week now they got my claim form but still every day calling them to ask what happened with my claim and they not telling even anything .. simply say we can not give u any time frame ,,, then why they write down in there policy they will access the claim in one working day i dont know... they should write there is no time scale for accessing the claim... really **** off for 15 days.. and they dont care at all.. all the customer service member are there to annoy u not for help. and when i said to them can i talk to your manager they said there iss no manager here,, unbelievable can any one suggest what i cant do ,,, khurram

Thanks for reminding me of this 3 year old thread I was at a loss for what to do tonight, now I can reminisce.

Original Poster

i feel for you khurram this is a problem overall companies are efficient to take your money but when they have to return it to you they dont like it..

humadoon

i feel for you khurram this is a problem overall companies are efficient … i feel for you khurram this is a problem overall companies are efficient to take your money but when they have to return it to you they dont like it..

another problem with todays posters is they make a thread and dont bother finishing it off with the ending

easier anc cheaper to go with someone like protect your bubble or whatevr they are called
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions