Barclays or Natwest?

Found 7th Jul 2012
Me and my girlfriend decided to have one bank account together.I'm with Barclays 6 years, My girlfriend is 2 years with Natwest. So which one is better to get the a loan? Guy from barclays rang me yesterday and told me that I'm able to get a platinum card. Is it worth it? I need like £3000 loan for 3 years...
Community Updates
MiscBarclaysNatWest
22 Comments
so you want a credit card or a loan? oO
either way, avoid banks for a loan as can probably get a better loan elsewhere (or better still, save up )
Loyalty counts for nothing nowadays.
Loan is better option, wright? Sorry I'm completely new with this.
http://cdn.iwastesomuchtime.com/October-18-2011-20-12-49-DoubleFacePalm.jpg
hotukdeals.com/dea…794
Is that means that I will pay only 2.9% Handling fee? For example: £3000 Loan during 22 months. So only £87 more. Is that wright?
Sliwka

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/barclaycard-platinum-0-interest-balance-transfers-for-22-months-1229794#commentsIs that means that I will pay only 2.9% Handling fee? For example: £3000 Loan during 22 months. So only £87 more. Is that wright?

You have a credit card already to balance transfer across? Or not?
I have debit card only.
Wright said Fred
golden rule number one,

NEVER EVER have a joint account!
you'll never see money go out so fast.
Internal scoring affects the rate you will get on the loan, depending on how you have managed the account will affect your rating, also on monthly money in and out. So think who would have the better score.
A loan would probably suit you best, Tesco have good rates.
Barclays or Natwest, you do know how to choose them...

One is corrupt, the other is blatantly incompetent.
why even bother with banks, go with a building society like nationwide.
if you are after a loan, try sainsburys they are offering 6% at the moment, others are too you dont have to get a loan with the bank that you are already with, shop around for the cheapest rate, just google "loans" and go through a price comparison site.
are you after a joint bank account, a loan, or a credit card? the OP doesnt make much sense
Join bank together with girlfriend and get loan for 3 years £3000.
Sliwka

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/barclaycard-platinum-0-interest-balance-transfers-for-22-months-1229794#commentsIs that means that I will pay only 2.9% Handling fee? For example: £3000 Loan during 22 months. So only £87 more. Is that wright?

no its not (w)right! thats for balance transfers from another credit card so no good unless you spend the £3000 using a different credit card.

you really should steer clear of getting a credit card if you dont have a clue how they work.

anyway:-

moneysavingexpert.com/loa…ans
i would open a bank account with who ever gives the best deals, we got one with halifax, neither of us were with them before, then shop around for a loan, credit cards are too tempting in my view.
I suspect he watches a lot of that wright day time program and calls the isle of wight, white. Am I right?
People are sick about the spelling, but most of their text massages look like. U 2 m8 but on the forum They can point every single misspelling instead help person... I'm foreign and I didn't finish any English shool so be gentle and helpful to HUKD member who posted plenty of deals for you as well. Thank You anyway for advises.
Edited by: "Sliwka" 7th Jul 2012
Sliwka

People are sick about the spelling, but most of their text massages look … People are sick about the spelling, but most of their text massages look like. U 2 m8 but on the forum They can point every single misspelling instead help person... I'm foreign and I didn't finish any English shool so be gentle and helpful to HUKD member who posted plenty of deals for you as well. Thank You anyway for advises.

add a british english dictionary to your browser add-ons. No excuse these days for spelling mistakes of obvious words. Saves a lot of confusion in the long run, especially when asking for advice
what do you need the loan for OP?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions