Barclays PINsentry

Has anyone used one of these,I have been told by Barclays that any new online transactions will have to involve using a card reader which they supply,Dont mind this as it will help prevent fraud but just wondered if anyone has one yet ?

14 Comments

Hi, its easy when it is set up all you have to do is enter your pin number and press enter and it gives you an 8 digit number to put in,

Original Poster

surfbunny;5082784

Hi, its easy when it is set up all you have to do is enter your pin … Hi, its easy when it is set up all you have to do is enter your pin number and press enter and it gives you an 8 digit number to put in,

Is it Usb /wireless ?

Very easy to use. Never had any problems with it ... I'd say go for it

tonyg1962;5082815

Is it Usb /wireless ?

Just a card reader. It's power by batteries ...

tonyg1962;5082815

Is it Usb /wireless ?

you put your card in it, and it gives you codes to type into the pc....doesnt link to your pc by wire, wireless or any other means.

Ive had my pinsentry for about 6months, great feature, doubles up security and making a mistake...but takes a bit longer then it use to...but id prefer to spend 2mins extra and ensure its all correct!

Its really good IMO, I feel much safer using mine

had mine ages, easy to use, the size of a small calculator

had one ages just put your card in and then put the number in on the screen , it is just for extra security , if you enter your code and is doesn't work pull your card out , push it back in and enter the new code (does not work the odd time )

I'm with Nat West had this for about 2 years now.

Original Poster

Thanks all ,Seems like a real good idea.

My Barclays PINsentry makes me enter an identify code every time I log in. Is this normal? With my Natwest account I only have to use it when I set up a payment.

wendyak;5083107

I'm with Nat West had this for about 2 years now.

me too,takes a bit too long IMO,bit too much faffing around

starsparkle2311;5083648

yes it's your pin number

I know I enter my PIN and it gives me an authorisation code but I don't think I should have to do this just to view my accounts. After all, without PINsentry enabled you can view your accounts (just not fully transact). Natwest don't make you do this just to log in. Grrr!

I use an account aggregator (First Direct's Internet Banking Plus). This updates all my accounts except Barclays as it required me to get an authorisation code every time.

You can access your account without the reader by entering your card number, but you need the reader for new payments i.e bank transfers for items on here. I have one for my nationwide account too.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona2186
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?1122
    3. Any PS4 News Here29213608
    4. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam44

See more discussions