Found 25th Aug 2009
if at the end of the season the top 2 teams had the same points and same goal difference how would they decide who won the league?

also if the same team won the premiership and fa cup who would they play in charity sheild?

is there a new 5 substitution in place
i'm sure i saw man united make more than 3 subs in a none friendly game then my mate told me they have inroduced a new 5 subs system but not seen it happen yet is this true??

1. Misc
  2. Barclays
11 Comments

not sure about subs, but if the above were to happen it would go down to most goals scored as far as I remember, wrt charity shield I think it would be the choice of the FA either carling cup winners or FA runners up`

I believe if they are tied on points and goal difference then it goes to the team that have the most "goals for"-if this is tied it goes to the results between those 2 teams.

I think if two teams are level on points and goal difference its decided by either the team with most wins or the head to head between each other, I think its usually the head to head record.

If a team does the league and FA cup double they play the 2nd placed team in the league for the charity shield :thumbsup:

The 5 subs is for community shield games only, as you're allowed to name 7 but use 3 in any competitive match but the community shield is a one off that allows teams to use 5 since it's more of a meaningless curtain raiser.

If the same team won the league and FA cup, then the next place is then automatically offered to the runner up in the FA Cup, so that's why Chelsea were involved.

If the top 2 teams are joint on points, then they use goal difference but if they had the same tally, it's then past on to who scored more goals i.e man utd may have the same 40 goal difference in total but scored 3 more and conceded 3 more, so united have scored more.

Hope that answers your questions.....I'm getting good at answering these life changing questions today. :giggle:

Original Poster

yes it does yes thats where i saw it in c sheild whats is that about 5 subs pointless really

:giggle:

realfriendlyman;6114246

The 5 subs is for community shield games only, as you're allowed to name … The 5 subs is for community shield games only, as you're allowed to name 7 but use 3 in any competitive match but the community shield is a one off that allows teams to use 5 since it's more of a meaningless curtain raiser.If the same team won the league and FA cup, then the next place is then automatically offered to the runner up in the FA Cup, so that's why Chelsea were involved. :)If the top 2 teams are joint on points, then they use goal difference but if they had the same tally, it's then past on to who scored more goals i.e man utd may have the same 40 goal difference in total but scored 3 more and conceded 3 more, so united have scored more. :)Hope that answers your questions.....I'm getting good at answering these life changing questions today.

Are you sure dude? Last time Arsenal won double in 02 they played Liverpool in the community shield because Liverpool came 2nd in league(Arsenal played chelsea in the fa cup final that year. Im sure when United won the league and cup in 99 we played Arsenal in the community shield and not Newcastle(F.A cup runners up that year)
Sorry If your right, no hate etc :thumbsup:

treble99;6114299

:giggle:Are you sure dude? Last time Arsenal won it in 02 they played … :giggle:Are you sure dude? Last time Arsenal won it in 02 they played Liverpool in the community shield because Liverpool came 2nd(Arsenal played chelsea in the fa cup final that year. Im sure when United won the league and cup in 99 we played Arsenal in the community shield and not Newcastle(F.A cup runners up that year)Sorry If your right, no hate etc :thumbsup:

I assumed it was who finished runners up in the league as well and then deleted it because Chelsea were in it this year and they finished third in the league last season, so I assumed they changed it again...as they do. :roll:

haven't read the thread but when talking about premier league points.

It goes by goals for, then goals against and if them two are the same it goes by who scored the most goals against the team they are tied with :thumbsup:

Chelsea won the cup last year, that's why they were in it.

If the two top teams draw, then it will go into a head to head game of Checkers, If both teams draw that then a game of Battleships, A draw of that will lead to Monopoly, a draw of that will just lead to a fistfight (which most teams will have the best experience in)

Winner get's a packet of Hobnobs

realfriendlyman;6114307

I assumed it was who finished runners up in the league as well and then … I assumed it was who finished runners up in the league as well and then deleted it because Chelsea were in it this year and they finished third in the league last season, so I assumed they changed it again...as they do. :roll:

Chelsea won the FA cup last year, hence why they were in it. Its second in league that get priority when United do the double.... i mean if any team wins the league and fa cup :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941396
    2. Marmite1823
    3. Krack WiFi vuln1121
    4. UBER can be a waste of money1019

See more discussions