Hi

Just a little advise please.

I am thinking about getting this.

novatech.co.uk/nov…tml - £189.98

novatech.co.uk/nov…tml - £44.99

novatech.co.uk/nov…tml - £14.99

novatech.co.uk/nov…tml - £9.98

amazon.co.uk/Ben…8-1 - £107.99

Should I get win 7 32 or 64 bit? It's for my father, and although he used to do a bit of Photoshop, he was only ever working with JPEG's. I've also heard 64bit Photoshop is not very good. Other than that, surfing the web and word docs etc.

I know I can most probably get lesser spec cheaper, but what I really would like help on is:

1. Should I look at Intel Core Duo E6700 instead of AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core Processor?

Are the optical drives for £14.99 all much the same?

Is the monitor I've chosen ok for the price, or can I do better? I was originally looking to get the monitor to show TV, but my father has dropped the idea.

Total price as it stands is £367.93 + the relevant power/data cables for 1 optical drive and 2 hdd drives ( i have a 500gb drive I'm gonna donate).

I've never done this before, so I'm not interested in saving £20-£30 and doing a complete self build. I just want to know if I'm gonna end up with a reasonable bit of kit for the money.

2 Comments

Original Poster Banned

Novatech Barebone Bundle - AMD II X4 640 Quad Core - 4GB DDR3 1333Mhz - AMD 760G Motherboard With Onboard ATI Radeon 3000- 4 Bay ATX Tower Case & PSU - £189.98

Samsung Spin Point F3 SATAII 1TB 32MB Cache Hard Drive <8.9ms 7200rpm - OEM - £44.99

LiteOn IHAS124-19 24x DVD+/-RW SATA Black - OEM - £14.99

Novatech 3.5" ALLINONE Card Reader With External E-Sata Port - Black - £9.98

BenQ G2222HDL 21.5-inch Widescreen LED Back-Light Monitor (Full-HD, DVI-D, Glossy Black, 2ms,) - £107.99

Should I get win 7 32 or 64 bit? It's for my father, and although he used to do a bit of Photoshop, he was only ever working with JPEG's. I've also heard 64bit Photoshop is not very good. Other than that, surfing the web and word docs etc.

I know I can most probably get lesser spec cheaper, but what I really would like help on is:

1. Should I look at Intel Core Duo E6700 instead of AMD Athlon II X4 640 Quad Core Processor?

Are the optical drives for £14.99 all much the same?

Is the monitor I've chosen ok for the price, or can I do better? I was originally looking to get the monitor to show TV, but my father has dropped the idea.

Total price as it stands is £367.93 + the relevant power/data cables for 1 optical drive and 2 hdd drives ( i have a 500gb drive I'm gonna donate).

I've never done this before, so I'm not interested in saving £20-£30 and doing a complete self build. I just want to know if I'm gonna end up with a reasonable bit of kit for the money.

Sorry for double post, but I couldn't manage to post links in first posting.
    Edited by: "Lyrrad" 4th Feb 2011

If you are going to donate a 500Gb drive do you need to buy a 1Tb drive as well ?

1.5Tb is a lot of disk space, and if all he is mostly going to do is a bit of photoshop and general web surfing then 500Gb should be enough.

You could then get a 1Tb external drive as a backup device, thus having his data in two places rather than it all being inside the one PC case.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      2. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      3. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk66

See more discussions