Bargain Amazon Orders Cancelled?!

Ordered two different TVs on Amazon, from two different suppliers, at very knock down prices (too good to be true probably) and they were very quickly cancelled with no explanation....has anyone else had this? Probably a price glitch?

17 Comments

Did the sellers have feedback, where were they based?
You are aware of the scams that go on on amazon I guess?

Sounds like scam sellers?

there are lots of hacked accounts on amazon at the moment.

Original Poster

snoopy18

Did the sellers have feedback, where were they based?You are aware of the … Did the sellers have feedback, where were they based?You are aware of the scams that go on on amazon I guess?

Not this one, I've had no money taken..?

Did the seller ask for payment via email in the listing or after as this is a old scam and the feedback is from hacked accounts. If you pay via amazon payments you just get refunded as you never used the email for payment.

Original Poster

All through Amazon payment so quite safe, one was "Shades of Time" the other was "IVOsales"

Original Poster

No email requests...

Check the sellers shipping info, guaranteed it will say something along the lines of contact us for a discount. Scam seller.
Edited by: "GrantG182" 26th Feb

Shades of Time seem to be a store in Jersey that sells watches and jewellery with only 82% feedback from 38 reviews and not TVs so that looks dodgy. I can't find anything on the other lot at all. Looks like you had a lucky escape!
Edited by: "cdm22" 26th Feb

Original Poster

Can find how to search for sellers on amazon? The cancelled orders have disappeared completely from my amazon account

It all ways happens with Amazon ,it is quite normal .

Sounds like you nearly got scammed, did you read the whole description? Sounds like you nearly got scammed.

GrantG182

Check the sellers shipping info, guaranteed it will say something along … Check the sellers shipping info, guaranteed it will say something along the lines of contact us for a discount. Scam seller.

Correct that's the scam.

The most common also states that the tv has only ever been used as a shop demo and therefore as new!

there was one on here from amazon last week, it was harmonica's should of been £130 but priced at around £13, that was canceled by email, its not on my account now, even in canceled orders

chrisjadams

Can find how to search for sellers on amazon? The cancelled orders have … Can find how to search for sellers on amazon? The cancelled orders have disappeared completely from my amazon account

- Go to the Amazon Home Page
- Take the link to "Shop by Department" on the top left hand side
- Go to the heading Electronics & Computers
- Click on the TV & Home Cinema link
- in the left hand 'menu' scroll down to Sellers
- Click on the "See more" link
- The result is a list of Top sellers
- Click on a letter at the top or bottom of the Top sellers list to find the seller you are looking for.

I spotted similar earlier today with TVs from a seller caller Peacock Retail and that seller has now 'disappeared' from the list. They appeared to have reasonable feedback before disappearing so maybe their account has been hacked.

Shame as the TV I was after was a real bargain.

Hope this helps your search.

Original Poster

Thank you all, yes it said ex shop demo....lucky escape I guess, but I wouldn't do anything outside of Amazon payment system
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Competitions on HUKD712
    2. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?88
    3. word survey1316
    4. advice needed on dumbell weight training please35

See more discussions