Bargains from USA

Found 22nd Feb
Hi,

1st time flying to the US and was wondering what can I buy there which are significantly lower in price from the USA .

- I know clothes of US origin (Levi's, Ralph Lauren, Hollister etc) are much cheaper.
- Tablets

Was wondering what else is out there
Community Updates
Ask
15 Comments
Guns!
Crack cocaine/methamphetamine. Party!
Edited by: "majestic2012" 22nd Feb
Ha ha...come on lads, something I can bring home legally
The days of US bargains are long gone, even with the improvement of the exchange rate, you won't find that the prices are much different to the UK. An example, I bought a fairly expensive jacket at Abercr&F in Vegas in their sale, great, thought I had a bargain. Got home, same item, same sale price online in the UK. That's globalisation for you.
airbus3306 m ago

The days of US bargains are long gone, even with the improvement of the …The days of US bargains are long gone, even with the improvement of the exchange rate, you won't find that the prices are much different to the UK. An example, I bought a fairly expensive jacket at Abercr&F in Vegas in their sale, great, thought I had a bargain. Got home, same item, same sale price online in the UK. That's globalisation for you.

Agreed, can't recall much being vastly cheaper when i went last year. Tend to buy little things that are unavailable in the UK like Bath & Body Works, Nestle CoffeeMate flavours. People were asking us to get Sephora stuff too.
Edited by: "shepademus" 22nd Feb
Above is true. There's a steady trade in items that come from CVS and the like, which are cheap enough to bring back by the suitcase load and sell on ebay. It's only worthwhile if you are a regular traveller to the US, like airline crew. Someone please explain the attraction of Bath & Body Works...............
Apple products are cheaper.

Price mark is mostly the same on products, £1000 UK - $1000 USA.

i.e.
iPhone X 256gb UK £1,149.00 - USA $1,149.00 with an exchange rate of $1.40-£1.00, this handset can be had for £820, a saving of £329 (or thereabouts).

Not to be sniffed at if your in the market for iPhone,iPad etc.
airbus3301 h, 8 m ago

Above is true. There's a steady trade in items that come from CVS and the …Above is true. There's a steady trade in items that come from CVS and the like, which are cheap enough to bring back by the suitcase load and sell on ebay. It's only worthwhile if you are a regular traveller to the US, like airline crew. Someone please explain the attraction of Bath & Body Works...............

The foaming hand soaps and candles, plus loads of seasonal scents. Better value than brands like Yankee I guess. My other half is obsessed. So i'd rather buy in bulk there, than buy from a UK FB dealer.
andynicol1 h, 9 m ago

Apple products are cheaper.Price mark is mostly the same on products, …Apple products are cheaper.Price mark is mostly the same on products, £1000 UK - $1000 USA.i.e.iPhone X 256gb UK £1,149.00 - USA $1,149.00 with an exchange rate of $1.40-£1.00, this handset can be had for £820, a saving of £329 (or thereabouts).Not to be sniffed at if your in the market for iPhone,iPad etc.

Don't forget US prices do not include sales tax
(eg. US$1149 = GB£827.51 + NY 8.875% sales tax = GB£900.95)
It depends on what you are after and if there are special sales on, they really are the only time you can get bargains now, we used to take extra cases but no longer. I travel a lot over there with work and now just bring back what I think are better quality items in terms of cloths T shirts, Polo shirts can be a lot cheaper and better quality, painkillers stronger ones than here and of course have to go the bath and body works hand sanitizes Levis last year were 2 for $90 + tax in the outlets on amazon they were then on offer here for less than £30 of course they arent always that price.

Tablets can be cheaper but watch out on some items as they wont work over here, especially the cellular models, used to be the case with iphones and apple watches are now the same.
Was in Florida last year and the malls and outlets were a let down, really noticed this time there was not mamy bargains to he had! Even eating out i found a big difference on the bill.
shepademus5 h, 36 m ago

Agreed, can't recall much being vastly cheaper when i went last year. Tend …Agreed, can't recall much being vastly cheaper when i went last year. Tend to buy little things that are unavailable in the UK like Bath & Body Works, Nestle CoffeeMate flavours. People were asking us to get Sephora stuff too.

Bath and body works just had buy 3 get 3 free plus also used a 20% voucher. Suitcase is full of candles.
jco835 h, 42 m ago

Don't forget US prices do not include sales tax(eg. US$1149 = GB£827.51 + …Don't forget US prices do not include sales tax(eg. US$1149 = GB£827.51 + NY 8.875% sales tax = GB£900.95)

Wasn't aware of that, still cheaper though..
Not all states charge a sales tax, in Maine IIRC it's 0% and a few others as well. New York is 9% on top of the ticket price. Apple products are worth it if you're in the market for a new one - I guess the premium Android phones would be similar as well. Just remember, that theoretically you would have to pay import duty on it as well, although unless you were to march through customs waving it around along with the 20% you'd owe them I would be highly surprised if you got caught. If you are after an iPhone then do your research first as some of them will not work on UK networks

They do sell peanut butter M&Ms though which are marvellous
The days of USA bargains are long gone with the poor exchange rate. I go every year and don’t buy much at all. Some states do refund the sales tax at the airport as I found out last year in Texas
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants